PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting....FFS!!

Caper VXR
13th November 2007, 01:24 PM
Hi all....

As you prob all know i bought my Monaro VXR 3 weeks ago and after getting it back to Leicester from Chichester it broke down 2 days later...water pissing out from somewhere.

Anyway its now in Vauxhall's main dealer here in Leicester and has been ever since.... they tell me that the heater valve has failed and are still waiting for parts from god knows where.

Spoke to some Vauxhall dealers locally and one dealer even waited so long for a track rod end they eventually sent a complete stearing rack 2 months later....whats that all about.

I fear i may have bought the wrong car....maybe an Astra or Vekky would have been a better choice.

Just wondered if any guys here at VXR Online might be able to help..

Heater Valve part No.. 92036186
Heater Vale Clip part No.. 92138288

Also spoke to Roger at Monkfish hopefully he might help.

:mad::mad::mad: Gettin really cheesed off now just want to drive the car i saved 2 years for

Thanks all.....

Pete

caspy
13th November 2007, 01:35 PM
As you already know, there is no stock of either of those two parts in th UK at present. The dealer will have been given an anticipated delivery date for the parts when he ordered, so maybe able to help you more. Roger may be able to source from Aus, but, you would have to pay and the shipping would come to more than the parts i would imagine. Sorry for your troubles.

wortec
13th November 2007, 05:38 PM
What version of Monaro do you have?

Caper VXR
13th November 2007, 06:43 PM
Hi Wortec....

It,s a 2006 6.0 VXR and thats all i know i,m afraid.... hope this helps.

The guys at Monkfish called me back this afternoon and told me that he has some contacts in the US.I could order the parts through them and would get them early next week.It turns out that this is not an expensive part anyway so i might just do that.

Would love to be able to slam them on the service dept desk at Vauxhall and tell them what i think....lol

Anyway i,ll keep you all informed how things go

Cheers

wortec
13th November 2007, 07:34 PM
If you have Roger on the case that is fine..........

We have a weekly shipment from Australia (sent Sunday night) so if you have any problems just give us an email.

On a side note we have not seen this problem before BUT we have seen the water pipes chafe through on the rear of the heads (there is a bulletin on it) which is a common problem on 6.0ltr Monaro.

Hope you get sorted soon.........

the vxr mothership
14th November 2007, 11:07 AM
Both parts , along with more , are being air freighted in and some sent to the dealer direct.

Stu

Caper VXR
16th November 2007, 10:21 PM
Just had a call from Drive in Leicester...

Not goin to get the parts till 27 Nov. Then they got to fix the car.So could be the week after.

Whats this world commin to.Gonna ask for the car to be replaced using my Network Q Guarantee i think.

Makes me laugh....it's took them 3 weeks to tell me this..LMAO