PDA

View Full Version : Not as good as CL AMG

vxr8poorquality
22nd December 2007, 04:51 PM
I am the dissapointed owner of build number 29.

Had the car only four weeks nearly....possibly needs new auto box...def needs new washer bottle apparently they split often)

rear wheel inner liner breaks off
its just a mare!!
30k for that load of old *****.....
merc amg 55 here i come again!! this VXR8 is just an over hyped vectra

bazwaterboy
22nd December 2007, 05:01 PM
for 30k I would pay for Mercedes build quality but instead I got the VXR8. Absolutly nothing has gone wrong with mine.

Plus i like to have a boot and get my friends and Family in the back.

Have fun with your Merc and Hope it doesnt spend more time at the dealer than with you....

PS I have 30k left over burning a nice big fat hole in my back pocket. I can use that to "Actually" get a ***** extension

Noose
22nd December 2007, 05:25 PM
for 30k I would pay for Mercedes build quality but instead I got the VXR8. Absolutly nothing has gone wrong with mine.

Plus i like to have a boot and get my friends and Family in the back.

Have fun with your Merc and Hope it doesnt spend more time at the dealer than with you....

PS I have 30k left over burning a nice big fat hole in my back pocket. I can use that to "Actually" get a ***** extension

PMSL

I bought my VXR8 and I am tottally SKINT, I got no cash for a ***** Extension, is it possible for me to lend some of your hard earned cash?:D

Had my VXR8 over 6weeks now, no issues apart from constant light flashing on the gear box where it displays which drive u are in, going to the dealers in mid Jan 08 for a check up whislt they install the FREE Sat Nav for free.

By the way to any one buying cars of any brand... dosn't matter how prestige a car name is or the expected quality, there is always a chance that one person will recieve a bad apple. Nothing is perfect and there are flaws in every make and model of cars, U live with it and deal with it, just hope the chance u are not the lucky owner of the bad apple which require numerous fixes etc.

bazwaterboy
22nd December 2007, 06:01 PM
Free Sat Nav??

Oooooooooooh...........

stevenandalex
22nd December 2007, 06:28 PM
I am the dissapointed owner of build number 29.

Had the car only four weeks nearly....possibly needs new auto box...def needs new washer bottle apparently they split often)

rear wheel inner liner breaks off
its just a mare!!
30k for that load of old *****.....
merc amg 55 here i come again!! this VXR8 is just an over hyped vectra

Good luck, enjoy the merc.:o
Seem's a shame the only post you have put up is to slag the vxr8 off:evil:

Mystvxr
22nd December 2007, 06:57 PM
I had the washer bottle problem too, simple fix under warranty and they should be able to do the inner wheel liner too, what problems is the auto giving you?

vxrdilly
22nd December 2007, 07:20 PM
Enjoy your AMG...................... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm238YYFR)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZCxdm238YYFR (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZCxdm238YYFR&utm_id=7922)

Noose
23rd December 2007, 02:54 AM
AMG man please tell us what problems u have had with your VXR8 so we all know what to expect.

Thanks

Yes Free Sat Nav worth £1500 as part of the deal. Using a screen mount NAV man N60i atm untill i get the Free one fitted.

Only problem I've got with washer bottle is that it's only 3lts to full. Excellent choice of area to cut down on weight of the car lol. I like using the wipers just to watch the water spray out from the blade arms.

VX Mel
23rd December 2007, 08:59 AM
Only problem I've got with washer bottle is that it's only 3lts to full. Excellent choice of area to cut down on weight of the car lol. I like using the wipers just to watch the water spray out from the blade arms.

still impresses me :D

HSV-VXR
23rd December 2007, 09:23 AM
Granted the AMG range is above the rest of the Mercedes Benz range. The Amount of Recalls Mercedes Benz have worldwide are Joke for a Manfacturer that claims to be WORLD CLASS.

At Least the HSV Product is Sound built and in the 20 year History of HSV they have never had one recall on any item that has been designed or engineered in house.

vxr8poorquality
23rd December 2007, 03:49 PM
Hmmmm
I seem to have stirred up a hornets nest here..

I only purchased the car as a run around ......and granted it turns heads....cos there isnt many around, ..scooby boys eVO LADS and boy racers love it ..but seriously, for 30k ..the plastics are crap, the door mirror adjusters are flimsy and the build quality aint all that.

As for the auto box....well, in tip mode, there is almost a dangerous pause when flippin up or down...the gearbox doesnt want to engage ....to the point of my pants being filled with brown stuff when it kicks in..(normally after three-four seconds) then it flys....

I know there is a cult following for VXR..but truthfully, my AMG would slaughter them..on performance, quality and most importantly..onthe twisty bits...but for 30k its a cheap alternative.
happy xmas

W. Grose Ltd
23rd December 2007, 04:13 PM
spoken in the words of a true Mercedes - Benz owner

jalfrezigazee
23rd December 2007, 06:42 PM
Really stupid statement stating how much better an AMG is compared to a HSV/Vauxhall. How can you compare the two. Is an AMG55 30k?

Now if you have problems like you say then that is just bad luck and am sure they will be sorted under warranty. Looks to me like you are a keyboard warrior logged onto here just to stir up trouble. Best of luck and I hope you get a ood deal on your trade in

Incidentally I know the woman (yes an Australian too) that designed a lot of the interior and also her boyfriend who designed the spoilers all round. They are now working for 2 different F1 teams in the UK. I will pass your comments over 2 them next time I am at one of their works

simon fletcher
24th December 2007, 12:10 AM
Hmmmm

I only purchased the car as a run around ......and granted it turns heads....cos there isnt many around, ..scooby boys eVO LADS and boy racers love it ..but seriously, for 30k ..the plastics are crap, the door mirror adjusters are flimsy and the build quality aint all that.

As for the auto box....well, in tip mode, there is almost a dangerous pause when flippin up or down...the gearbox doesnt want to engage ....to the point of my pants being filled with brown stuff when it kicks in..(normally after three-four seconds) then it flys....

I know there is a cult following for VXR..but truthfully, my AMG would slaughter them..on performance, quality and most importantly..onthe twisty bits...but for 30k its a cheap alternative.
happy xmas

got to love them quotes spoken like a true 16year old :rolleyes:

Noose
24th December 2007, 04:01 AM
I got the bigger Jugs/Danglies than u attitude/syndrome I see here again.

We just asking for constructive arguments from u AMG... no need to slate VXRs and the 8 like a true Prestige Car owner does. If u speak of such low opinions why didn't u take a test drive initially. U wouldn't of ordered one if u had test driven the VXR8 cos obviously u love the Prestige image far too much to order one in the first place.

When I test drove the one I bought I knew for a fact the plastics aren't the quality of the German rivals, I knew the A pillar would obstruct my view, I knew the huge rear wing would block out the head lights up to last quarter of the windscreen of cars behind me. The ride felt a bit crashy at some parts but generally sporty firm at majority of the time. BUT... for £30k+ I got 414bhp and a nice smooth V8 mated to an auto box (which I know how to USE, and it is has a split second gear change when u ask for it not 3 to 4 seconds) most likely the entire car would of seen many track days and hard driving during the companies ownership. That didn't bother me, When u sit behind the wheel of VXR8 it encapsulates u into the environment and plastics no longer matter and neither does anything else for that matter, what becomes is the enjoyment of placing all the torque and power down at every opportunity, wait till u supercharge it…

Your Mercs, BMW, Audis give u the impression of quality through interior first, then refinement then driving dynamics. Fords and Vauxhalls (GM) are more mechanical vehicles and focus on drivability first, so the prestige peeps are lead into false sense of reliability. Um… why is that? Everyone uses their eyes before they feel/touch the surface, then if u have a clue u will seek the heart and soul of the vehicle through normal driving to understand what it is all about before u cane it. BMW are the only ones u can call true drivers machine but even they suffer badly from all mechanical issues esp the newest model. Mercs over the last 10y were a joke on ride quality, they were just barges on air filled jacket, Audi’s were even worse the A4 were sponge cakes to drive. No need to mention the French, they always on strike so no matter what French u buy u guaranteed a missing element during construction.

kabel
24th December 2007, 04:03 AM
Thanks Shaun saved me having to author a response!
A number of people at work have HSV products and nobody has complained about build quality.
In fact my last boss has a 2007 BMW 540i and has had a number of electrical problems.
The windows and sunroof open mysteriously when he isn`t even in the car,the dealer has been unable to solve the issue.
GOOD LUCK

Noose
24th December 2007, 05:32 AM
the door mirror adjusters are flimsy and the build quality aint all that

What did u do? Sit on it or straddle it? or do u have the strength of a Gorillia?

Hmmmm

I only purchased the car as a run around ......

Your a joke... :D

In a normal person's view, a run around is small car with a small engine to use for short jouneys down to Tescos and is ecnomical to run. A VXR8 is neither small or econmical nor does it have a small engine don't u think? Or are u trying to tell us, u have the need to tell us that u are very well endowed... I mean loaded.

Although Tescos is probably not the place for you to shop at as it is cheap and nasty, you would probably go for the more upmarket "WAITROSE" where you can flaunt your German Barge against all the MumVees. Those drivers of those MumVees are also probably thinking that their MumVees are also run arounds... So You Are In Good Company. You probably should stay there.

W. Grose Ltd
24th December 2007, 03:30 PM
Noose, some legendary quotes there. I think we can honestly say he is clearly 15 or maybe 16 years old. lol

vxr8poor....yawn sorry cant even be bothered to reply to you pointless comments.

sri cjb
24th December 2007, 05:37 PM
Hmm a strange post - Hes had his say and hopefully the car will be fixed and go on sale so that someone who genuinely wants one can buy it. Theres always a couple of Lemons or Friday afternoon cars out there but thats why we like warranties!!!

Jk.
24th December 2007, 06:57 PM
less of the tesco bashing ;)

never thought mercedes were famous for their build quality? never exactly been overwhelmed by one i've been in

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 07:15 PM
yes..noose...you got it right..

Seriously, the car is nice, but its a Vauxhall Holden.thingy..and its my run around....as mentioned...maybe for you its expensive...but for me mate..its a run around..

It doesnt matter whether petrol is 5 quid a litre...I can afford it Noose.....can u?

Happy xmas and keep saving up the tesco club points mate ..sounds like you need them to fill it up with 70 litres

VXR crap mate...poor judgement on my part......Mercs here i come
anybody want to give me 20k and its yours

PhilVXR
24th December 2007, 07:21 PM
Well do us all a favour.......sell the car to someone who will appreciate it and pi$$ off out of the forum!! :mad:
Can't be doing with the BS from pr1cks like you.:expletive deleted:

We work to earn our rides and appreciate them all the more. You sound like a mumsy silver spoon muppet, go where you are wanted!!

Merry Xmas.

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 07:35 PM
Well do us all a favour.......sell the car to someone who will appreciate it and pi$$ off out of the forum!! :mad:
Can't be doing with the BS from pr1cks like you.:expletive deleted:

We work to earn our rides and appreciate them all the more. You sound like a mumsy silver spoon muppet, go where you are wanted!!

Merry Xmas.

quote!;)

Mystvxr
24th December 2007, 07:39 PM
This guy is a complete buttnut. "Seriously, the car is nice" and "VXR crap mate", confused or what.

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 07:46 PM

Seriously, the car is nice, but its a Vauxhall Holden.thingy..and its my run around....as mentioned...maybe for you its expensive...but for me mate..its a run around..

It doesnt matter whether petrol is 5 quid a litre...I can afford it Noose.....can u?

Happy xmas and keep saving up the tesco club points mate ..sounds like you need them to fill it up with 70 litres

a few points there!! as chris said. he says the car is nice and then slags it off, then he mentions that he is loaded and can afford it, then he says its a run around but says its crap (arent run arounds meant to be crap or cheap or imperfect)! and i dont think its the car thats crap maybe actually the sounds of ur attitude leads me and possibly everyone on this forum to believe that you actually do have your head stuck up your *** and that you dont deserve a nice car!! and you're right it is your poor judgement i dont think muppets can be pleased with anything no matter what you give them.
they want the moon on a basta*d stick is what i say!

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 07:59 PM
I am just a misguided poor judge of cars
its plastic, cheap n nasty and doesnt even have heated mirrors...how poor is that?

it doesnt have lights to illuminate the rear window switches.no auto dip rear view mirror...the plastic casing covering the engine ..isnt even fixed........shall i go on.............
the best thing about it .is the badge..........its just an overpriced nasty vectra shell..not as good as the Lotus Carlton...and will never have the iconic status of that car.......,,instead of being a reps car.its a sales managers car........no chance against AMG..........and ....the vxr8 doesnt handle............FACT

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:00 PM
[quote=vxr8poorquality;148740]I am just a misguided poor judge of cars
its plastic, cheap n nasty and doesnt even have heated mirrors...how poor is that?

it doesnt have lights to illuminate the rear window switches.no auto dip rear view mirror...the plastic casing covering the engine ..isnt even fixed........shall i go on.............
the best thing about it .is the badge..........its just an overpriced nasty vectra shell..not as good as the Lotus Carlton...and will never have the iconic status of that car.......,,instead of being a reps car.its a sales managers car........no chance against AMG..........and ....the vxr8 doesnt handle............FACT[/quot

fair enuf youve got your views, so why dont you get your amg and then go bury your head in the sand cos noone cares what you think=;

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:01 PM
we're only replying cuz we're sick of you and want you to pi$$ off from this forum and go some some poxy amg one instead where you can talk about how the AMG polishes your bollox as you drive along!

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:02 PM

No need to be like that mate, we are all a friendly bunch here. If you dont like it, fair enough, sell it and go buy something else.

No need to come in a VXR forum and start slagging it off and Bragging about how much more money you got than other members - i think you will find your not really welcome because of that.

Im sure it makes you feel like your more of a man tho. :rolleyes:

I am just a misguided poor judge of cars

the best thing about it .is the badge..........its just an overpriced nasty vectra shell..not as good as the Lotus Carlton...and will never have the iconic status of that car.......,,instead of being a reps car.its a sales managers car........no chance against AMG..........and ....the vxr8 doesnt handle............FACT

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 08:04 PM
YOU MAY NOT CARE WHAT I THInK..BUT U CARE ENOUGH TO BITE AND COMMENT...........talk about a wind up................its lovely ........sad bunch of ******s all getting on my case...........its nice to see such passion over a blinding bit of kit
seriously its great

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:05 PM
the vxr8 doesnt handle............FACT[/quote]

have you asked your self the question can you actually drive?? maybe thats why it doesnt handle!!!??? :rolleyes:

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 08:07 PM
on a positive note.i can drive.just ask perry mcarthy..ask the boys at Milbrook xx

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:08 PM
on a positive note.i can drive.just ask perry mcarthy..ask the boys at Milbrook xx
ooooh got osme friends have we!! :rolleyes:

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 08:14 PM
A Vectra...............nuff Said

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:17 PM

Oooooooo, look at you mr big star.

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:17 PM
cant be bothered mate, MODS can we get rid of this plonker or dlete this thread as it is completely useless and so is the guy who started it :expletive deleted:

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:18 PM
Complete TOOL :rolleyes:

michael parkes
24th December 2007, 08:21 PM

oh my god it mr clarkson\\:D/\\:D/

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 08:22 PM
one up from a repmobile mate/./
a vectra .vxr..get yourself a real car..if u can afford it

VXRDean
24th December 2007, 08:23 PM
As said in chat, its a wind up!

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:23 PM

pmsl \\:D/

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 08:26 PM
im bored winding you up..seriously u need to get out more vxr badboy...dean got it right.wind up..time to wind your necks in..xxxxx

michael parkes
24th December 2007, 08:27 PM
im bored winding you up..seriously u need to get out more vxr badboy...dean got it right.wind up..time to wind your necks in..xxxxx

bye bye:---)

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:28 PM

And it would p1ss all over your Skoda you probably Drive :rolleyes:

Seriously, go take your money and buy yourself a nice shiny Poncey AMG, and stick your C0ck up the exhausts.

Im sure it will make you feel so much better

michael parkes
24th December 2007, 08:29 PM

Seriously, go take your money and buy yourself a nice shiny Poncey AMG, and stick your C0ck up the exhausts.

pmsl daz:D

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:30 PM
:p

VXRDean
24th December 2007, 08:30 PM

:lol::lol:

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 08:31 PM
Dazturbo6502
VXR enough
are you realy Mr T?

ever been injured mate..?.....or do u rely on the A team for protection?

see you around hopefully and we'll chat more..

xxxxxxxxx and dont knock it till you try it..

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:32 PM

pmsl, :D:)

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:34 PM
Dazturbo6502
VXR enough
are you realy Mr T?

ever been injured mate..?.....or do u rely on the A team for protection?

see you around hopefully and we'll chat more..

xxxxxxxxx and dont knock it till you try it..

Shut up FOOOOOL

If i ever catch you acting like a cCRAZY FOOL again,you will meet my friend PAAAAAIIIIIINN

So i take it you are reffering to An@l intrustion there mate?

So we got a Homo in our mists now :rolleyes:

You can stick with that mate - Each to their own and all that

vxr8poorquality
24th December 2007, 08:36 PM
dont keep picking on me mate.......or are you overly child friendly to the point of making me feel very uncomfortable?

hope it isnt called being groomed cos i'll tell me dad.that u keep on I/M me

drive safely

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:39 PM
dont keep picking on me mate.......or are you overly child friendly to the point of making me feel very uncomfortable?

hope it isnt called being groomed cos i'll tell me dad.that u keep on I/M me

drive safely

Go back to playng with your Remote control cars, im sure you gotta go ina minute as mummy will have your dinner ready, and you gotta be in bed early cos Santa is coming tonight =D>

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 08:45 PM
I just found your pic

Its you with your AMG

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/dazturbo6502/boy.jpg

bazwaterboy
24th December 2007, 08:49 PM
What in the HELL is happening to this thread?

Have I missed something? :confused:

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:51 PM
lmao nice one daz, i think hes gone crying to mummy NOW! ;):rolleyes:

vxr bad boy
24th December 2007, 08:52 PM
What in the HELL is happening to this thread?

Have I missed something? :confused:

DONT WORRY BAZ U AINT MISSED ANYTHING JUST A MUPPET WHO IS CONFUSED ABOUT EVERYTHING THERE IS AND HAS HIS HEAD STUCK UP MERCEDES-BENZ' ***!

Dazturbo6502
24th December 2007, 09:00 PM
I think mummy must of had his dinner ready :rolleyes:

7om
24th December 2007, 09:36 PM
hmmmm..interesting read if im honest.i think sir that you are a ****.. If you are so 'rich' prove it.. Are you bored as its the school holidays?? Or maybe your ****** minimum wage job has finished for christmas..i dont know..nor do i give two ***** if im honest..I think im right in saying that everyone on this site works damn hard for there cars.i no i do..im not rich but im 21 and have had an astra vxr,corsa vxr and a civic type r...WOW i must be a man now!! How about you **** off now.im done...****

AlexFi
24th December 2007, 09:40 PM
Enough of this nonsense - Thread closed.

If you have enough money to buy a better car then please do so, however stirring things up is not what the forum is for, it is for enthusiasts - which clearly your not. Thank you for your time - have a nice Xmas.