= Vauxhall Acknowledge the Separate Warranty

WORTEC
* HH122 Supercharger
* Intercooler
* Other bits?
= 600bhp (at 9psi ?)
= £6995.00
= Does Vauxhall Acknowledge the Separate Warranty

1) Other Supercharger Options worth considering from other companies?
2) On higher psi.. heard of oil spitting out of dipstick ring when the ring eventually gets worn over time? Can be prevented by simple mod at time of Supercharging the engine?
3) Is the 122 more advanced than Walkinshaw’s if it’s a 112, ie better air flow etc?
4) What else is done on Wortec’s SC ?
5) Does Walkinshaw have the 3y warranty and Wortec have same 3y both on Engine and drivetrain only, Vauxhaul covers the rest?
6) Me being me I am going for Wortec Elec Switched Exhaust after Summer and would like to also get the Wortec SC for the 600bhp, anyone had it done and like to comment on this SC? Also Comment on Walkinshaw’s SC if u had it done!
7) Only seen pics of SC on the V8 without engine cover… is there an engine cover for either side of the SC or can the original be cut to fit to allow the SC thu?
8 ) Seeing as SC is going to be fitted… would upgrade springs be necessary to carry the extra performance and how much lowered the car would be?
9) Would the auto box handle the 600bhp Wortec’s?
10) Lastley about the warranty… I know how I stand with Vauxhaul Warranty but don’t know how I stand with Wortec’s against Vauxhaul’s… anyone any ideas on this?

Thanks in advanced… sorry to be a pain asking so many questions… gagging to get SC done](*,) maybe at same time as Exhaust...

Do put me right if I am wrong on anything above PLEASE!!!

Noose
28th January 2008, 03:19 AM
:( no takers? :(

oh and u don't get uprated clutch and flywheel for auto boxes?

Dazturbo6502
28th January 2008, 07:29 AM
:( no takers? :(

oh and u don't get uprated clutch and flywheel for auto boxes?

Not many people that i know of on here have VXR8's to be honest matey, let alone have the SC conversion.

Might be worth chatting to the guys over on HSV.org.uk.

And Autoboxes dont have clutches or flywheels ;)

stevenandalex
28th January 2008, 08:20 AM
I would personaly go for the wortec blower based on the fact it gives more alleged power.:cool:

BO55 VXR
28th January 2008, 08:31 AM
I beleive Wortec may have new stuff coming out soon... Might be worth giving CASPY a shout - he be the man who can!!!

vxr8 andy
28th January 2008, 03:56 PM
my vxr8 gets the full treatment on wednesday, so far its been lowered,sports exhaust, and now the full s/c .
can't wait it's the best fun all rounder i have had.

Mystvxr
28th January 2008, 04:59 PM
Hi Andy, which tuner are you going to for that? also how many miles you got on yours now?

vxr8 andy
29th January 2008, 09:53 AM
hi i am using monkfish and having all the wortec goodies so far done 370 miles car is only 10days old

Noose
31st January 2008, 06:51 AM
Andy, does Wortec = 3y warrenty on engine and drivetrain?
what other uprated stuff is in the price tag?

wonder if any of the SC tuners do extended warrenties?

vxr8 andy
31st January 2008, 09:47 AM
to be honest i don't know

Noose
1st February 2008, 03:52 AM
one thing why I am asking about warranties is that the Engine alone cost £10k... if no one does extended warranties after the initial 3y then I might wait until 2y of ownership first as I plan to keep my VXR8 for 5y and if reliable enough to 6y… never know…

I don’t like changing cars too often and there is nothing out there that meets my taste and requirements… they are either gay looking and or underpowered.

Andy do a running report on your SC pls...

Monkfish1
2nd February 2008, 09:10 AM
one thing why I am asking about warranties is that the Engine alone cost £10k... if no one does extended warranties after the initial 3y then I might wait until 2y of ownership first as I plan to keep my VXR8 for 5y and if reliable enough to 6y… never know…

I don’t like changing cars too often and there is nothing out there that meets my taste and requirements… they are either gay looking and or underpowered.

An engine isn't going to cost 10K to put right. Even a brand new crate engine is significantly less then that. Realistically, if you were really unlucky and it did break, its a case of fixing what has gone wrong. Thats not going to be 10K!

ads_green
2nd February 2008, 12:16 PM
An engine isn't going to cost 10K to put right. Even a brand new crate engine is significantly less then that. Realistically, if you were really unlucky and it did break, its a case of fixing what has gone wrong. Thats not going to be 10K!

could get a crated LS7 for 10k :)

Phil Harding
4th February 2008, 10:49 AM

Hi,I am new to this forum. I run a VXR8 SC and it also serves as our Walkinshaw Performance Demonstrator. My other role is Export Director for HSV. Our Super Charger Package warranty runs for the time period of the Vauxhall new car warranty. We are discussing with our insurers the cost of extending the warranty to run parallel with a purchased Vauxhall extension beyond 3 years. More news on this later.
Phil.

Noose
5th February 2008, 01:12 AM
Thanks Phil for the quick response... I asked Mike from Sherwoods to ask you guys about this issue... Looks like I will be a step closer to getting my SC Done to exactly run alongside Vauxhall's Extended Warrenty.

john22
10th February 2008, 07:39 AM
Hi Noose,

Im new to this Forum but have just bought a VRX8 wortec carbon from Green's I have the full Vauxhall warranty (whats left) my car is Brian / Caspy's old steed plus I have the network Q 12 months full cover clutch , brakes etc etc.

Why Wortec / Greens I purchased a Monaro vxr 6.0 in 06 from Greens just great service realy helpful, then fitted all the after market goodies ( no supercharger) so got to see how Wortec & dealers worked together - very impressive - I've mainly used Greens but also Monkfish who are great as well

So you pays your money..I,ve not used or heard bad things about Walkinshaw but I'll stick to what I know

1. Wortec / Greens developed the VXR500 model with S/c must have learned a lot early ones ran hot etc but they figured it out

2 My car has a strong clip on the dip stick to prevent engine pressure blowing it out so they seemed to have fixed this one

3 Wortec seem to run the test parts on a number of demo cars well before launch having seen the way they treat these demos ( the UTE) if they can take it I'm sure any car I have can !

4 Wotec / Greens are and have been very active on these VXR owner web- sites all the threads I've seen is very complimentary about both firms which giveds me a good feeling that it is not just my experience

Some thoughts....................John22:lol: