PDA

View Full Version : EDS IPF problem

leman
11th May 2011, 06:41 PM
Has purchased the EDS tuning license finally from their website (already had the IPF device itself which was however used / locked for another car) - but there seems to be some problem with mapping process on the ECU ID readout stage. IPF works ok until you have to disconnect the device from PC and connect to the car, it basically has a white led on when connected to the car and nothing happens when the ignition is turned on, hence no way to pass through to map selection stage in IPF software etc.

Was trying to get in touch with EDS starting from the beginning of the week but no luck - no email responses and even no chance to call them as it seems like nobody's ever there. I wonder how are you supposed to get any kind of support from them if you are not even able to call them... :roll:

Does anyone know if there any secret way to get through to EDS?

Cambo1985
11th May 2011, 06:49 PM
They probably dont answer the e-mails because you speak english, they are in germany i think. Try copy/pasteing what you sent into google translator and send them it in german and see if you get a responce.

leman
11th May 2011, 07:14 PM
Hmm I had an impression they speak english OK, I managed once to get through by using their shop phone - Arno was not there unfortunately but the guy on the phone was speaking english (better than I do possibly :lol:)

But still worth trying, think I'll try mailing them in german...

Nurburg608
12th May 2011, 12:00 AM
Have you updated the firmware to the lastest version on the IPF yet?

leman
12th May 2011, 06:13 AM
If you mean usb firmware then yes (I actually dont see any other updates on their website). Is there something else?

FreshDriver
12th May 2011, 06:42 AM
Has purchased the EDS tuning license finally from their website (already had the IPF device itself which was however used / locked for another car) - but there seems to be some problem with mapping process on the ECU ID readout stage. IPF works ok until you have to disconnect the device from PC and connect to the car, it basically has a white led on when connected to the car and nothing happens when the ignition is turned on, hence no way to pass through to map selection stage in IPF software etc.

Was trying to get in touch with EDS starting from the beginning of the week but no luck - no email responses and even no chance to call them as it seems like nobody's ever there. I wonder how are you supposed to get any kind of support from them if you are not even able to call them... :roll:

My friend, the one who fried two pistons...haha, had same problem with its IPF but finally had to push a little bit harder to ecu socket..

Nurburg608
12th May 2011, 07:26 AM
If you mean usb firmware then yes (I actually dont see any other updates on their website). Is there something else?

Yep, the one here http://www.eds3.eds-motorsport.de/index.php/ipf-online-tuning-system/downloads

Also as FD has said, make sure it's plugged in fully. Failing all of that, just give Karen a call at Regal and she'll guide you though some other posabilities

leman
12th May 2011, 08:27 AM
Cheers guys, will try to work on my plugging capabilities :lol: Otherwise hopefully Regal will help, however as I'm not their customer I believe there's no support liability from their side here...

PS. Hmm fried pistons is scary :roll: It's actually a common problem in Russian OPC owners community as the fuel quality here still leaves much to desire...

FreshDriver
12th May 2011, 08:39 AM
Cheers guys, will try to work on my plugging capabilities :lol: Otherwise hopefully Regal will help, however as I'm not their customer I believe there's no support liability from their side here...

PS. Hmm fried pistons is scary :roll: It's actually a common problem in Russian OPC owners community as the fuel quality here still leaves much to desire...

Yep, that was his problem..bad fuel quality, you may try emailin' to EDS owner Arno Schindler, his personal email is toshiba-ash@eds-motorsport.de

wayne/VXR
12th May 2011, 08:43 AM
i will send you over some V-POWER at a cost of 5.00 a litre mate.....:lol:
the cost of fuel here people will soon be smuggling v-power and not drugs....:lol:

leman
12th May 2011, 11:57 AM
Yep, that was his problem..bad fuel quality, you may try emailin' to EDS owner Arno Schindler, his personal email is toshiba-ash@eds-motorsport.de

Thanks, will try.

i will send you over some V-POWER at a cost of 5.00 a litre mate.....:lol:
the cost of fuel here people will soon be smuggling v-power and not drugs....:lol:

:lol: theres a positive side in it here indeed, we have RON 98 ca. 0,7 a litre...

wayne/VXR
12th May 2011, 11:58 AM
we have RON 98 ca. 0,7 a litre...

git....:lol:

arden_blue_vxr
14th May 2011, 09:17 AM

this will be down to arno not pulling his fingerout and resetting the unit, hes very slack and sorting ipf issues out

leman
15th May 2011, 04:49 PM
this will be down to arno not pulling his fingerout and resetting the unit, hes very slack and sorting ipf issues out

I easily believe as I'm still unable to reach him... I even got a response from Karen (Regal) already and still nothing from EDS. I believe I should visit them in person next time I'm in Germany

But actually speaking of IPF I had an imperssion the device passes the authentification once you try to download the map from the server only (i.e. it compares the ECU ID loaded already on step 2 with the server data on IPF number and previous ECU IDs used with this exact device and allows to download a map only once the ECU IDs are the same). So on step 1 (ECU datat readout) the IPF should read basically any car even if this is a locked device formerly used for another vehicle already.

If my understanding is correct then its rather faulty IPF of mine or some kind of incompatibility between IPF and the car...

mossie
16th May 2011, 09:39 PM
your ipf is still locked to the previous car, that is all
where abouts are you based?
if uk then phone regal, if not phone your local distributer
if your country doesnt have one then phone eds

all you need is your ipf serial number (red numbers on the back) and your licence paperwork and they will be able to reset it
takes about an hour or 2 for the system to refresh and you'll be able to use it on your car

if its eds you want to have reset it then email all the details i mentioned to - ipf@eds-motorsport.de
and ask them to reset it

the lady who normally deals with the ipf stuff is very good despite her english not being perfect i bet it is a damn site better than your german
bear with her and she will help you

hope you get it sorted

leman
17th May 2011, 01:36 PM
Cheers mate. If its simlply EDS database update what's needed then I'd be really happy (as otherwise it would be probably easier to purchase new IPF for me then send the existing one to germany and back).

The only problem is that I simply cant reach eds (mail / phone - whatever) and theres no dealer in russia to my knowledge...