PDA

View Full Version : audio controls on the steering wheel

woody_1
10th March 2008, 09:08 PM
hi all,has anyone had any trouble with the controls on the stering wheel? my vxr8 has now been in for repair twice and they stiil cant fix the problem!! the left hand "wheel" only works intermitently
cheers Woody

caspy
11th March 2008, 09:27 AM
No issues that I am aware of sorry.

trescoman
11th March 2008, 09:31 AM
nope, I'm good

ads_green
11th March 2008, 10:39 AM
I'm ok too.

Am guessing it's a non servicable item so would need a new steering wheel. Bet they are trying to avoid that like the plague!

john22
12th March 2008, 12:23 AM
nope fine too

Noose
12th March 2008, 02:56 PM
The steering wheel can be taken apart to access the buttons etc... u know if u need to fit the VXR8 sat nav.

May be faulty wirring and it's time consuming to look in to... most garages won't bother unless u find one who loves the rides they work on...

My battry drain issue took a good few days to locate by stripping dow the dash and testing out every cable untill bent pins was located. Sometime need to travel to get it down and I had to take mine 50miles to Darlington at Sherwoods... I reckon they sold the most VXR8s around this region so far !
If u decide to travel all the way here ask for Mike the dedicated VXR8 mechanic.

woody_1
16th March 2008, 07:07 PM
Hurray its fixed ive got the sat nav fitted, it was a software problem all sorted now i hope!

ads_green
16th March 2008, 09:31 PM
So whats the verdict on the sat nav?