PDA

View Full Version : Vxr8

VXR8 Steve
6th May 2008, 01:26 PM
Hi
What are peoples thoughts on the Wortec exhaust for the new VXR8 and would you bother with the electrical switch or just have it on loud.New to the VXR8 as been with Skylines for the last 10 yrs so no knowledge really of the VXR8.Any help would be appreciated.

caspy
6th May 2008, 01:33 PM
Hi and welcome!

You may get more respondents at www.hsv.org.uk . Personally I would have the elecs.

Mystvxr
6th May 2008, 02:52 PM
There's still a pretty decent amount of us with VXR8's on here, so stick around! Yeah hsv.org.uk is the main hangout for the V8'ers but there's a few here with the Wortec gear so you should get some good opinion.

I've got the loud Walkinshaw on mine, only time I'd want it quieter would be for a track day, rest of the time I can't get enough! :D

trescoman
6th May 2008, 03:41 PM
I have a wortec system, think it looks and sounds the dogs danglies, and got the elec switch. Never used it, however track days and if you get pulled by the plod, it might be handy

Bob

Tempy
6th May 2008, 05:01 PM
The Wortec loud pipes sounds awesome. If you can afford the extra cost, get the electronic switchable. I've just swapped mine back to quiet because I've got a lot of motorway miles coming up, and the drone on the motorway can get a bit annoying in the cockpit. Around town though, it's such a fantastic noise. It's a real bassy, throaty growl that only a V8 can give. I wish the previous owner had got electronic fitted on my ro, as I missed it as soon as I had taken it off :(. To be able to switch it without getting it up on the ramps would be perfect.

Maybe Caspy will supply and fit it for free for me as my birthday's coming up :D

Edit: Simple answer - if I hadn't already had the manual switch pipes fitted by the previous owner, I would deff get electric. Manual switching is a ball ache. Go for leccy.

VXR8 Steve
7th May 2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the replies,think i will go with the wortec, can get all the wortec stuff fitted a few miles away from home.