PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control - Not working or rubbish?

Arnie
8th March 2006, 02:33 PM
I've just purchased a 2005 VXR (6.0 version with 2,400-miles on the clock). The car spins its wheels and snakes quite readily regardless of whether TC is activated on not. While this is fun :D it doesn't help when I'm driving on wet, greasy roads :shock:
Any ideas?

Sheriff
8th March 2006, 04:12 PM
From the ones I have driven, they do let you have a bit of fun with TC still on. But, I don't recall it being outrages.

caspy
8th March 2006, 05:08 PM
I've just purchased a 2005 VXR (6.0 version with 2,400-miles on the clock). The car spins its wheels and snakes quite readily regardless of whether TC is activated on not. While this is fun :D it doesn't help when I'm driving on wet, greasy roads :shock:
Any ideas?
Has the car had an engine remap ? The T/C will work to a point but it cant curb all the power if u let it go, it is a very basic system that allows a little bit of reassurance, the right foot is the best t/c item.
PS
Try www.hsv.org.uk, very knowledgeable guys.

Arnie
9th March 2006, 11:05 AM
The car came straight from Vauxhall (ex-management car), so it's completely standard. Your comments are pretty much in line with various net articles. I like the one that talks about sending power to wheels that have 'more traction' - where might they be exactly?
Think I'll try running it with the TC off all the time to see if is more scarey on a daily basis.
Cheers.