Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default New Astra Vxr owner

Hey. I recently bought an Astra Vxr. Its 3 years old with 20,000 miles on it. Since ive had it ive noticed that when the turbo kicks in it sort of stutters. I dont think its affecting the power of the car although when i floor it my friends have commented that it doesnt feel all that fast and I kind of agree. When I have been in other powerfull cars they seem to feel more powerfull than mine. It has 15 months warranty on it so im not worried about getting it sorted but I would like an idea of what is wrong with it if anything before I take it back to the garage. I had a car with a turbo before although it was a diesel and it didnt make that noise.

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on it.

PS. Not sure if i have done this right. Have been on this site about 2 minutes lol

VXRed

no one? **** sakes

Airflow meter or coil pack?
    12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Easy tiger, it can take longer than 4 minutes to get a reply ya know

Its impossible to say what the problem may be from your limited description of a 'stutter'. Get it to a local meet and im sure someone may be able to help you oor get a sound clip on here
    Last edited by Jay; 6th August 2010 at 05:37 PM.

Naughty Stormtrooper!

Whereabouts in the rev range does it 'stutter', if it's 3500-4000rpm there is a flat spot on all the Astra's. Solution - remap

Quote Originally Posted by DanEds View Post
    Airflow meter or coil pack?
    Turbo
    Plugs
    Vacume pipe
    Other split pipes
    Sensors

Could be anything.

Heres a tip though:

Sit in the car without it being turned on. Press the brake and accelerator fully down. Turn the ignition to stage one so all the electrics come on. As you do this look where the milage is normally displayed. The millage will disappear and '00000' should be displayed. If you have any other numbers jot them down and post them on here as they are error codes stroed by the ECU and this could be the cause of the problem

VXR enough

What other performance cars have you been in, depending on what you are comparing to it may not feel fast? I have come from Scooby, ctr, astra gsi stage1 and focus st stage2 so a standard vxr don't seem all that fast to me but don't feel slow, just what I have come from I surpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Turbo
    Plugs
    Vacume pipe
    Other split pipes
    Sensors

Could be anything.

Heres a tip though:

Sit in the car without it being turned on. Press the brake and accelerator fully down. Turn the ignition to stage one so all the electrics come on. As you do this look where the milage is normally displayed. The millage will disappear and '00000' should be displayed. If you have any other numbers jot them down and post them on here as they are error codes stroed by the ECU and this could be the cause of the problem
    Quite a list to work through there Jay!
    12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

VXRed

ok well ive checked to see if a code comes up but nothing. i dont know how to explain the noise really. when its stationary and you rev it, it doesnt make the noise. its when your in motion and when the turbo first kicks in it does it. it kind of sounds like theres something flapping about in the turbo. argh i dunno how to explain.

VXRed

i mean i know its quick. but my mate had a mini cooper s tuned up and that felt faster although it was less bhp than the astra

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast