Closed Thread

Thread: boost pressure sensor

VXRed blooded

Default boost pressure sensor

hi i was wondering is it common for boost pressure sensors to fail on a re-mapped corsa vxr. ever since myn has been re-mapped if i take it to 6000 revs the spanner light comes on and the code that came back was boost pressure sensor. also is a boost pressure sensor the same as a map sensor or am i totally wrong? lol
    thanks
    porta

VXRed

I'm having this exact same problem! The car has been mapped and whenever I rev over 5-6k then the light just comes on and plugging a diagnostic in, shows that it is a Boost Pressure Sensor. Once the code is reset, it goes away?

VXR enough

common problem when you remap them same story if you run a total decat exhaust

I would also like to find the answer to this as I also av the same problem
    flame red, k&n panel filter, red courteney pipes, courteney large inlet pipe kit, blizzard intercooler n hard pipes, fuel pump n regulator, hks dump valve, forge recirc valve, flyeyekit to headlights,spotlights n side repeaters, tinted number plates n sunstrip, 6k hids, vxr badge to front grill, remus pre cat n middle box n back box, lowered 40/30, ipf eds remap

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by zeesh View Post
    I'm having this exact same problem! The car has been mapped and whenever I rev over 5-6k then the light just comes on and plugging a diagnostic in, shows that it is a Boost Pressure Sensor. Once the code is reset, it goes away?
    Ye thats exactly what happens to me mate and if I unplug my battery it will also go off but as soon as I take it to around 6000 rpm again the light comes on

Banned

this is 4 my mate .....does this only come on wen it mapped???? hoew can it be solved??? new sensor??? also who hav al u guys bin tuned by??? chears ian......

Only noticed mine after it was remapped. I just use the battery to reset it then it's fine
    flame red, k&n panel filter, red courteney pipes, courteney large inlet pipe kit, blizzard intercooler n hard pipes, fuel pump n regulator, hks dump valve, forge recirc valve, flyeyekit to headlights,spotlights n side repeaters, tinted number plates n sunstrip, 6k hids, vxr badge to front grill, remus pre cat n middle box n back box, lowered 40/30, ipf eds remap

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Vxr Jase View Post
    this is 4 my mate .....does this only come on wen it mapped???? hoew can it be solved??? new sensor??? also who hav al u guys bin tuned by??? chears ian......
    Myns only happened since being mapped and I want to know how to solve it aswell and I'm tuned using the ipf from regal

South East's Red Ranger Bobbyp90's Avatar

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vauxhall..._Upgrades.html

Is this what you're after? Just don't rev past 5k. Boost and torque peaks there and drops straight after anyway.

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vauxhall..._Upgrades.html

Is this what you're after? Just don't rev past 5k. Boost and torque peaks there and drops straight after anyway.
    ive had a look at that and i want to know if that would cure the problem

Closed Thread