Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Astra VXR new insurance group

VXR enough

Default Astra VXR new insurance group

anyone elseheard of the insurnace groups changing from 1 -20 to 1 - 50. Below is a link with the insurnace group for the astra

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/configu...TechnicalSpecs

GROUP 34

How dear is my insurance going to be?

*WWW.MOMENTUMCARS.CO.UK, We buy cars for cash**

no i have not heard of that, how does it compare to the focus ST and the golf etc? It has always been a bit lower.

I shouldn't think that the change will affect premiums.
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

VXRed

I hadn't heard of it, but at present insurance groups range from 1-20. The Astra VXR is group 17, so proportionally it sounds like a lower group (i.e. 20->50 should be 17->42). It may be that they've just added another load of groups to the top to cope with the increased volume of £100k+ cars in the last few years...

Lets face it -- either way its going to cost us more where it hurts - in the wallet.
    Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
    Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall, Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

I don't see why it would be any more expensive, they are just tweaking the scale.

You can search here;

http://www.abi.org.uk/carinsurance/search.asp

Focus ST is group 34 also

Golf GTi is 34 too

Quote Originally Posted by miballsa_ritchie View Post
    I don't see why it would be any more expensive, they are just tweaking the scale.
    Its just my feelings that they always try to stiff you on Insurance. I got a renewal notice and they wanted £336 so I threatned to cancel and got it for £265 - Its just irritating......

I did the Bus VXR and it came out at 30 ---- shouldnt that and the Astra be the same?
    Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car, Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
    Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall, Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

not necessarily, i would have thought the meriva and corsa would have been the same, but the meriva was group 13/14 i think and the corsa 16.

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Vxr View Post
    not necessarily, i would have thought the meriva and corsa would have been the same, but the meriva was group 13/14 i think and the corsa 16.
    meriva is a group 12 oooooo and my 1000 post
    FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
    182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
    "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

wow see a big difference, must be because the corsa is so much faster simon

Did that race ever happen Simon?
    57 plate Astra, Arden blue, 19's, Milltek, Courts Filter, Bluetooth, keyless entry......

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast