Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gearbox whine

VXRed

Default Gearbox whine

i have a whine in my gearbox its only in first gear sounds like a rally gearbox lol

My burg is still under warranty will vauxhall prefer to recon the gearbox or replace the whole gearbox.

My burg is out of warranty in may so i was thinking if they recon the gearbox is it possible to get some kind of warranty with it??

They should replace it with a new one not recon it.

O and welcome to the gone gearbox club. Surprised they not done a recall. I did a letter with over 50 people signed for the cim module, they chucked it out the window, it was not till watch dog got involed they recalled them

SO WOULD SOME ONE LIKE TO DO A LETTER TO VAUX ABOUT THE BOXES? OR shall i do it?

VXRed

i knew it would have been sooner or later i would have to join the club lol i fortunate enough i have warranty on mine.

You write a letter and i will sign it lol

Quote Originally Posted by beefycol View Post
    O and welcome to the gone gearbox club. Surprised they not done a recall. I did a letter with over 50 people signed for the cim module, they chucked it out the window, it was not till watch dog got involed they recalled them

SO WOULD SOME ONE LIKE TO DO A LETTER TO VAUX ABOUT THE BOXES? OR shall i do it?
    That's lightly different though BeefyCol as that was a safety related issue, the gearbox is a sort of wear & tear issue

Perhaps you/we may get more noticed if we do what this millionaire did to his Lambo

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?129739

OP, the warranty of your car should fully look after you here, you just need to pop along to a local VX dealership

If you speak to Customer Services at VX, I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions

Exactly same with me. Took it to Vx last week, now waiting for them to get a new box for it. They also said that I will be charged labour if the clutch is worn which will be around 600 notes

Quote Originally Posted by alan77k View Post
    Exactly same with me. Took it to Vx last week, now waiting for them to get a new box for it. They also said that I will be charged labour if the clutch is worn which will be around 600 notes
    I dont quiet follow the logic there..... explain

Quote Originally Posted by R15VXR View Post
    That's lightly different though BeefyCol as that was a safety related issue, the gearbox is a sort of wear & tear issue

Perhaps you/we may get more noticed if we do what this millionaire did to his Lambo

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?129739

OP, the warranty of your car should fully look after you here, you just need to pop along to a local VX dealership

If you speak to Customer Services at VX, I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions
    Haha god yeah that be nice, not a reality for us normal people lol. I did take it to vaux with the CIM module with list of peed off people and they werent intersted, like you said they will just say its wear and tear, but its ov the boxes they put in these cars are not good enough for the power the engine makes. They ment to be able to handle a ragging et, but some people just drive them steady and they still go.

My local Vx dealership in Leeds confirmed that the gearbox bearings were on the way out but also said that the warranty will only cover the gearbox if the clutch and flywheel isn't worn. However, they can't tell me that until they have the gearbox out which will be 6 hrs labour.

VXRed

I must get on the phone tomorrow morning and get it sorted there is a noise from the release bearing in my clutch too lol and i also have a noise from a right rear wheel bearing too lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast