Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Default vauxhall insignia exclusive 2.0 td

hi there ive puchased on of these cars from my local dealership in olympic white ive been waiting for 2 month but yesterday i got a phonecall from them sayin its ready to pickup on the 27th of april at 11am am really excited as my last veichle was a vauxhall combo 1.3 cdti i am going to get the window tinted straight away on the back ttotal tint qoute me 160 pound to do it i was woundering if this car will be pretty fast and your views plz thanks ive just joined.

VXRed

Hi, i am driving one of these as a courtesy-car from the dealer while they are taking care of the boostproblem on my VXR... (this is the exact one, the front picture of this pricelist is my courtesy car...doesn't look half bad! http://www.steinmetz.de/downloads/20...tz_aktuell.pdf )

Sorry to put a fly in the ointment, but, about these things you are wondering about: it will be pretty, that's for sure... however, fast is another matter! it's no slouch, but it's a cruiser and a relaxed cruiser... and as long as you stay away from the "sport" button, it is nowhere near fast... with the sport button on it's reasonably quick, but without some tuning, the 160 horses have a tough job pulling the heavy insignia along. Needless to say it can't hold a candle to the VXR...

Paul
    Oh, and when you use the sport button, and drive accordingly... it drinks a lot more than in "touring" !!!
    Last edited by Doc; 13th April 2011 at 06:28 PM.

VXR newbie

thanks for your reply im used to driving a combo van so it shud be fine for me for a while and has the standard ones got a sport button aswell

VXRed

Yep, they all have them...(a sport-button).

ive got a 160 cdti sri auto and i havent got a sport button lol and mines a 60 plate and i had a 10 plate as well and that didnt have a sport button
    Last edited by foxumall; 18th April 2011 at 05:08 PM.

I had a CDTi SRi as a hire car last week and it didn't have a sport button. In fact, it didn't have much.
    Bluefin Stage 1

Only the vxr and the 2.0 turbo ones come with the sport button as std

VXRed

Scussi...that should have said, they all have them...if they have the electronic damping system on them...I completely forgot that there are cars out there without that... (correct this time?)

VXRed

As long as the car has the Flexride option or 4X4 drive then the Sport or Tour buttons will be there! Also don't forget the added red dials on pressing the sport button!

Closed Thread