Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Advice on RAISING the front of my car...What Springs etc...?

Hi all,

I bought my car about 6 or 7 months ago and the front has been dropped about 50mm if not more and hasn't been a problem until now. The only time if catches the arches is when on full lock or if i hit a bump in the road, and like I said its been no issue, but now the paint has come away on the arch lip from being caught by the tyre; this has resulted in the paint coming off up the wing now and its now starting to rust. So obviously before i get the paint rectified I need the ride raising slightly...

Any ideas?

I know I probably need a set of springs but don't know which are best, what size (if they do sizes), or whether I can get springs just for the front as the back is ok...

Any advice would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Chris:

is it on coilovers or springs already?

VXRed

If i'n honest I dont know.... Is there an obvious differrence...?

VXRacing ahead

This is why having a rediculously low car is not cool. It gets ruined.

Coilovers are adjustable. So you may be able to adjust them, if not then see below:

If you want it low, but not stupid, then Eibach Sportline Springs will be the biggest drop, next would be DapR's, then Eibach Pro Kit being the least amount of drop.

Are you able to post a picture of your car on here? then people will be able to tell you, i dont think a spring alone would drop the car 50mm

Yes theres a big difference between coilovers and springs. You need to get some pics posted of under the arches so we can see and also of the top mounts in the engine bay if you think its on coilovers.

The dancing Stormtrooper

Quote Originally Posted by LGB View Post
    This is why having a rediculously low car is not cool. It gets ruined.
    oooorrrrr just drive extra slow over bumps or avoid roads with them like I do hahahaha

The dancing Stormtrooper

For it to be that low I would imagine you have coilovers, you could adjust the camber a bit

VXRed

Going over bumps is fine, its the fact that there is only about 1mm clearance when a lock is on, so the slightest bump wears the paint which eventually peeled round the rim...
    The 50mm drop is a guess and not fact as I am making assumptions due to the differrence between the front and back..
    I'll post some pics later...

Cheers so far...

Standard shocks with DAP R springs or Eibach Pro's are the best way for you at the moment good handling, looks good, and no rubbing etc.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Closed Thread