+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377
Results 3,761 to 3,769 of 3769
  1. #3761
    Load of Baubles... randomgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    23rd September 2007
    Posts
    17,160

    Default

    My old one is still off the road, I hope it's still straight





  2. #3762
    VXRed
    Join Date
    30th June 2015
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Just been looking about at prices and also on BCA some of these are turning up in a right old state. What are the main pitfalls to look out for when looking at a 2nd/3rd/4th hand Burg?

    I'm trying to decide between buying my ex lease E model at auction or save a load of money and get a Burg with the same power minus the gadgets.

  3. #3763
    VXR enough Minismithy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2010
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sp0oner View Post
    Just been looking about at prices and also on BCA some of these are turning up in a right old state. What are the main pitfalls to look out for when looking at a 2nd/3rd/4th hand Burg?

    I'm trying to decide between buying my ex lease E model at auction or save a load of money and get a Burg with the same power minus the gadgets.
    Unfortunately 95% of them are absolute sheds. Shame people just don’t know how to look after a car

    I’d say Gearbox is the main one, Piston 4 is blown way out of proportion although it shouldn’t be ignored.

    Has your Corsa got the Performance Pack?
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

  4. #3764
    VXR enough chodiddly's Avatar
    Join Date
    12th December 2015
    Posts
    1,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Very true. Can't see them putting a 3L V6 in a car of this size again. I really want to get a good pic of the Burg and Vee together but I have a slight problem in that I can't drive both cars at once!

    So, here is one of when I picked her up

    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that looks sweeet as a nutt mate cracking car.

  5. #3765
    VXRed
    Join Date
    30th June 2015
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    Unfortunately 95% of them are absolute sheds. Shame people just don’t know how to look after a car

    I’d say Gearbox is the main one, Piston 4 is blown way out of proportion although it shouldn’t be ignored.

    Has your Corsa got the Performance Pack?
    Cheers for the reply. No my E doesn't have the performance pack, it's standard except the 18" alloys. Thing is I know it and after 11k it's not missed a beat and the thing that puts me off saving money and buying the Burg is that it could cost me loads in repairs if it turns out to be an abused one. My choice is between my E vxr, the Burg and a Fiesta ST-3 local to me with only 9k on it.

    I prefer the E over the ST but the ST will cost a lot less to run (tax and petrol) so really in a 3 way muddle at the moment.

  6. #3766
    VXR enough Minismithy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2010
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition Official Press Release and Pictures

    It’s always a gamble isn’t it unfortunately, although there is a what looks like a mint low mileage Clubsport on Autotrader if you fancy having a look ?

    The difference with the added Suspension, LSD and Brembo’s is night and day, they’re a genuinely very capable car and pretty hardcore as Hot Hatches get. But the D VXR’s have Cruise Control and that’s it, pretty basic compared to the E which has a much much nice Interior etc and they do drive really really good even in basic guise.

    Fuel wise, i had a ST before my ‘Burg and apart from Tax the Fuel difference between the two is only a few MPG’s so not to bad.
    Last edited by Minismithy90; 1st November 2017 at 01:29 PM.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

  7. #3767
    VXRed
    Join Date
    30th June 2015
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    It’s always a gamble isn’t it unfortunately, although there is a what looks like a mint low mileage Clubsport on Autotrader if you fancy having a look ?

    The difference with the added Suspension, LSD and Brembo’s is night and day, they’re a genuinely very capable car and pretty hardcore as Hot Hatches get. But the D VXR’s have Cruise Control and that’s it, pretty basic compared to the E which has a much much nice Interior etc and they do drive really really good even in basic guise.

    Fuel wise, i had a ST before my ‘Burg and apart from Tax the Fuel difference between the two is only a few MPG’s so not to bad.
    Thanks as that's handy to know, I was thinking the ST-3 had much better fuel economy than the VXR due to it's reported figures of 47.9mpg for the ST and that was enticing me in thinking of fuel savings on long runs. If it's way off and not much difference between the 2 then the ST no longer appeals as much as it's going to cost an extra £695 to put the Mountune 215 on it making it potentially over £2k more to buy than the VXR.

    The Clubsport is out for me as too close to the cost of the E and for the money i'd rather have the car i've had from new. I test drove a Burg before my E was delivered and loved it but the interior in the E I really like although will change the head unit for a sat-nav one if I get it.

  8. #3768
    VXR enough Minismithy90's Avatar
    Join Date
    28th July 2010
    Posts
    1,640

    Default Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition Official Press Release and Pictures

    The only thing you’d save from the ST is cheaper Tyres, and Tax, i never even got close to claimed 47.9 MPG. More like 42 MPG on my commute to work whereas the VXR around 39-40 MPG. Good thing about the ST is you’ve got Mountune if you fancy the need to upgrade it and keep it OEM. Expensive but you get what you pay for.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

  9. #3769
    VXRed
    Join Date
    30th June 2015
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    The only thing you’d save from the ST is cheaper Tyres, and Tax, i never even got close to claimed 47.9 MPG. More like 42 MPG on my commute to work whereas the VXR around 39-40 MPG. Good thing about the ST is you’ve got Mountune if you fancy the need to upgrade it and keep it OEM. Expensive but you get what you pay for.
    I'd take 42mpg I get anything from 33mpg down to 26mpg in the VXR lol i've never got near 40mpg on a run. The Mountune does interest me especially as you can got to stage 3 and 265bhp safely although it's £4.5k for the privilege!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 377 of 377 FirstFirst ... 277 327 367 375 376 377

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts