+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 378 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378
Results 3,771 to 3,778 of 3778

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_c77 View Post
    I've had my Burg for about 3 weeks now and I'm loving it, the fuel economy is almost the same as my wife's 1.4 Meriva I get about 35-37mpg but its 100 times more enjoyable to drive and a much nicer place to sit, the Recaros are super comfortable. I've had mostly Renaultsports in the past (a 5GT Turbo Raider, 19 16V, 172, and Megane R26) I sold my Megane about 2 years ago to allow me to change career and not I've done that I've decided to get something fun to drive again. I didn't want to go back to another Megane as I wanted a 265 Megane and good ones were out of my budget and I've driven the Clio 200 and found revving the **** off it to go quickly tiresome. So it was a choice between the Fiesta ST and the Burg, I test drove a ST, it was ok but didn't really set me on fire and then I drove a Burg and loved, I prefer the fact its a bit more focused, I like the way the diff feels like it did in my old R26 and the way it handles, the power delivery (mine feels a lot stronger than 205bhp but apparently mine is completely standard) and that it encourages me to push on when conditions allow. I couldn't think of a better car to have for the money.

Welcome to the Club

Enjoy the upcoming warm weather and dry roads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_c77 View Post
    I've had my Burg for about 3 weeks now and I'm loving it, the fuel economy is almost the same as my wife's 1.4 Meriva I get about 35-37mpg but its 100 times more enjoyable to drive and a much nicer place to sit, the Recaros are super comfortable. I've had mostly Renaultsports in the past (a 5GT Turbo Raider, 19 16V, 172, and Megane R26) I sold my Megane about 2 years ago to allow me to change career and not I've done that I've decided to get something fun to drive again. I didn't want to go back to another Megane as I wanted a 265 Megane and good ones were out of my budget and I've driven the Clio 200 and found revving the **** off it to go quickly tiresome. So it was a choice between the Fiesta ST and the Burg, I test drove a ST, it was ok but didn't really set me on fire and then I drove a Burg and loved, I prefer the fact its a bit more focused, I like the way the diff feels like it did in my old R26 and the way it handles, the power delivery (mine feels a lot stronger than 205bhp but apparently mine is completely standard) and that it encourages me to push on when conditions allow. I couldn't think of a better car to have for the money.

Congrats! You've made a great choice and you're right, they really are such capable cars that don't always get the credit they deserve.
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Well, the day finally came last Friday when I traded in my Burg. I've just been reading back over the first few pages of this thread from April 2011, where does the time go?!

All that anticipation and excitement when the details were released about the car....was totally worth it. Had some amazing times with that car and it might very well be the only car I ever buy new, so it was extra special, especially being one of the first to arrive in the country.

Highs included driving the car over to the Geneva Motor Show (twice), making the first review video for it on YouTube and taking it on some epic journeys around the country for my work - I did a fair few days where I covered 400+ miles in one day in it and the engine never skipped a beat.

Have met some fantastic people on VXRO over the years and will still pop in from time to time. In fact I actually met one of my now-best mates DanTheManc on here, when he offered to help me fit new speakers into the Burg way back in 2011!

Cheers guys!

Last edited by jps; 26th June 2018 at 03:18 AM.
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Well, the day finally came last Friday when I traded in my Burg. I've just been reading back over the first few pages of this thread from April 2011, where does the time go?!
    Agreed, time flies when you're... err... having fun?

What did you trade in against?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
    Agreed, time flies when you're... err... having fun?

What did you trade in against?
    Totally Tom!

After a lot of though, traded in for a Golf GTi Clubsport 40

Quote Originally Posted by jps View Post
    Totally Tom!

After a lot of though, traded in for a Golf GTi Clubsport 40
    Time really does fly! I remember watching your video way back in 2011 :O 5 Years later i bought a low mileage minter.

Congratulations on the Clubsport, such a good car!

Out of interest what mileage did you trade it in on and what sort of price did they give you ?
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Quote Originally Posted by Minismithy90 View Post
    Time really does fly! I remember watching your video way back in 2011 :O 5 Years later i bought a low mileage minter.

Congratulations on the Clubsport, such a good car!

Out of interest what mileage did you trade it in on and what sort of price did they give you ?
    Ha glad my vid helped

Thanks mate, it is a lovely car to be in. Traded the Burg in on 68,750 miles. Wonder if I will ever do so many miles in one car again lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 378 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378