Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    VXR Torque of the Devil Cobers VXR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephentalman View Post
    the only place that can remap your car is if you take it to thorney motorsport then they warrenty it through vauxhall
    Wrong Wrong Wrong

Vauxhall will not warrent this, TMS have thier own warrenty that it would be covered through not vauxhall .

Yep, TMS warranty there work and have a procedure for dealers to send the bill to them. But TMS have to approve the work, just because Vauxhall say no doesn't mean TMS have to say yes.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbid View Post
    No tag in the ECU as long as you put the original file back on TMS can't even tell for them. Seen loads blag it through its all about making you come clean out of fear of finding out and being billed for the check.
    I agree with this, after speaking to an old TMS tec he told me that all they look for is the parameters and if they havnt changed then all is ok.

He also told me that if the original map file has been added then they cant tell, the problem comes when the original map is not put back on by some handheld units.

This relates to the astra though not sure on corsa

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by moeman View Post
    Nope because any remap will leave a tag on the ECU, there have been instances of people attempting to pull the wool over dealer's eyes hence the new ECU checks being carried out.
    But under EU law you can remap your car as long as the fault isn't caused by the remap, so it wouldn't matter about removing the map because your perfectly within your rights to do so. Only thing is you'd need to prove the remap didn't cause the damage, the only people that could even stand their ground here are the tuners who carried out the remap and i doubt they'd want to get involved due to time and money they would lose.

As for the document i've never seen it, but through googling "block exemption regulation" with the words remap, exhaust etc etc some very interesting finds which state they cannot void your warranty due to making a remap. Furthermore I don't think restoring the original map is pulling the wool over their eyes, if they want to play dirty and defy the law then why can't the consumer?

Point is there's now a regulation against the dealer because someone somewhere has seen the need to step in to stop disputes like this between the consumer and the dealer about who's at fault here. I want my warranty, but I also want the best out of my car and I shouldn't be penalised against modifying my car, if my gearbox goes in 5 months and i've had a remap this is nothing to do with the remap. If i'd stripped my gearbox down and modified all its internals then yeah I accept i've probably done something wrong. But the unit has been sealed since it left the factory and developed a "common" fault as per the rest of the people on this forum, do you not agree?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stephentalman View Post
    the only place that can remap your car is if you take it to thorney motorsport then they warrenty it through vauxhall
    this is an urgent case of H L B S A, in simple terms a high level bull **** alert

Yes some hand helds like the IPF take files off a server, these files may not be correct for your car but are near enough standard. For example I know a corsa owner whos car was apparently standard but TMS found that the fueling table wasn't completely standard though the map wasn't really producing anymore power.

Yet they still told him to piss off.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Yep, TMS warranty there work and have a procedure for dealers to send the bill to them. But TMS have to approve the work, just because Vauxhall say no doesn't mean TMS have to say yes.

It will be up to TMS if they warrent their work.

Yes some hand helds like the IPF take files off a server, these files may not be correct for your car but are near enough standard. For example I know a corsa owner whos car was apparently standard but TMS found that the fueling table wasn't completely standard though the map wasn't really producing anymore power.

Yet they still told him to piss off.

I believe i know of this one as well.

How do you prove or disprove that the fault wasn't the remap indirectly. A side affect of a remap is more power and torque. Gearboxes for example have a rating for torque, if you push them beyond that why should Vauxhall pay?

When my engine threw a con rod out the block despite me running over 100lbft more torque then standard should Vauxhall have warrantied that if I was still in warranty?

Clique #14

How do you prove or disprove that the fault wasn't the remap indirectly. A side affect of a remap is more power and torque. Gearboxes for example have a rating for torque, if you push them beyond that why should Vauxhall pay?

When my engine threw a con rod out the block despite me running over 100lbft more torque then standard should Vauxhall have warrantied that if I was still in warranty?

again

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast