Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbid View Post
    How do you prove or disprove that the fault wasn't the remap indirectly. A side affect of a remap is more power and torque. Gearboxes for example have a rating for torque, if you push them beyond that why should Vauxhall pay?

When my engine threw a con rod out the block despite me running over 100lbft more torque then standard should Vauxhall have warrantied that if I was still in warranty?

Ok so there's been a flurry of problems with gearboxes, this to me is a standard fault if its happening to modified and unmodified vehicles, why should the customer pay due to an inferior gearbox? and why should the customer lose the right to claim on a common fault because the have remapped their vehicle, dispite all this it doesn't matter what vauxhall say as due to the BER regulation they cannot invalidate your warranty due to a remap nor any manufacturer for that matter.

And what your basically telling me is every other manufacturer I have seen their cars remapped with standard parts and they run better on economy and performance and their parts are fine. It sounds like the parts are of inferior quality OR they've been made to just a specification in which they just work and anything more than that will destroy them. Something doesn't sound right here to be honest.

I'm not a freeloader, but if a fault is a fault then the manufacturer should address it and under the freedom of information act we should be supplied the current number of failed gearboxes, pistons, air conditioning to date by vauxhall on request. Then we can decide what should be covered, if we don't argue in numbers and have our own support network we cannot argue "common" problems against "sorry its your own fault" problems.

Why should vauxhall have to pay when you've broken the terms Of their warranty. They've offered it (and if you're lucky enough to get lifetime that's bloody good imo) so take it or leave it. There is no middle ground.
    #weusedtobetheshit

How do you prove that the remap wasn't the cause of the failure in your case?

The gearbox is rated to a constant torque load of 320NM or 235lbft. Once you run a remap on the car you're going to be running near that or on an Astra which is 235lbft standard 300lbft. If you're pushing parts beyond their specification and they fail how can you prove that this was or wasn't down to you.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbid View Post
    How do you prove that the remap wasn't the cause of the failure in your case?

The gearbox is rated to a constant torque load of 320NM or 235lbft. Once you run a remap on the car you're going to be running near that or on an Astra which is 235lbft standard 300lbft. If you're pushing parts beyond their specification and they fail how can you prove that this was or wasn't down to you.

#weusedtobetheshit

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Why should vauxhall have to pay when you've broken the terms Of their warranty. They've offered it (and if you're lucky enough to get lifetime that's bloody good imo) so take it or leave it. There is no middle ground.

I can see where you're coming from but its all relative...
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

VXRed

I take it your out of warranty? lol, Its not the fact you should Obay the terms, what I'm saying is under the BER regulation they cannot put this in their warranty to say that you (the owner) must not modify YOUR vehicle in anyway shape or form. Might as well close down this forum and everyone go on their merry way and if they get a problem, let them get fobbed off by vauxhall because no one else on the planet has had a problem like theirs before and we'll all just believe it and shell out our hard earned cash and let them rake in more money for problems they've caused in the first place.

The point of this thread is to highlight that the manufacturer which in this case happens to be vauxhall discriminates against people who do or do not modify their vehicles on this forum, the BER regulation gives piece of mind that if you upgrade your ECU settings through a professional expert in this profession then it doesn't affect your warranty, by fitting aftermarket parts which are of superior quality to that of the manufactured parts doesn't affect your warranty. It's annoying to see manufacturers being unfair against the regulations they are bound too and therefore we shouldn't put up with it. So what if my gearbox broke, 30 other threads probably on here with the same problem modified and unmodified, just because mine might of been modified makes me a target for a quick buck for the dealer even though gary down the road has an unmodified corsa with the same problem? No I think thats unfair and also against the BER thats what this is about....

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoodwin View Post
    I take it your out of warranty? lol, Its not the fact you should Obay the terms, what I'm saying is under the BER regulation they cannot put this in their warranty to say that you (the owner) must not modify YOUR vehicle in anyway shape or form. Might as well close down this forum and everyone go on their merry way and if they get a problem, let them get fobbed off by vauxhall because no one else on the planet has had a problem like theirs before and we'll all just believe it and shell out our hard earned cash and let them rake in more money for problems they've caused in the first place.

The point of this thread is to highlight that the manufacturer which in this case happens to be vauxhall discriminates against people who do or do not modify their vehicles on this forum, the BER regulation gives piece of mind that if you upgrade your ECU settings through a professional expert in this profession then it doesn't affect your warranty, by fitting aftermarket parts which are of superior quality to that of the manufactured parts doesn't affect your warranty. It's annoying to see manufacturers being unfair against the regulations they are bound too and therefore we shouldn't put up with it. So what if my gearbox broke, 30 other threads probably on here with the same problem modified and unmodified, just because mine might of been modified makes me a target for a quick buck for the dealer even though gary down the road has an unmodified corsa with the same problem? No I think thats unfair and also against the BER thats what this is about....
    Ok quick question...

If i got my Dorf Focus RS mapped by a "Professional company" and then the manifold cracked, the turbo cracked BUT i stopped before the engine seized (therefore car not dead) do you really think Ford would foot the bill?
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Quote Originally Posted by stevegoodwin View Post

BER will not help you when you have modified the vehicle beyond the scope of OEM or OEM equivalent

This isn't just an automotive issue go try change the chip on your PC from Intel to AMD and then phone Dell up and ask them to support you on their 12month warranty - and wait for the laughs down the phone

Astra

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast