Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

my money would be on the vx220 but i dont have any experience with them so its just a guess really, what sort of power do they run at st2? its the same setup as the gsi mk4 isnt it, 197bhp stock?

i was took out in a tms stage 2 vx220turbo and it was brutal , theres no way in the world my stage 3 vxr would have kept up ...
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Quote Originally Posted by R34nel View Post
    my money would be on the vx220 but i dont have any experience with them so its just a guess really, what sort of power do they run at st2? its the same setup as the gsi mk4 isnt it, 197bhp stock?
    Not 100% sure but i think at stage 2 its around 250bhp

Quote Originally Posted by R34nel View Post
    the e46 is a completely different car to the e36, i didnt mean performance was similar to an astra i said on the a*s dyno, meaning the actual pull felt about the same but went on to say i thought the m3 would be faster on the road, i think the op's st3 vxr would be a good match accelleration wise, ive spent alot of time in both e46 and my old stage3 vxr. i can get 40+mpg on a steady motorway drive, in the bmw 30mpg was a real struggle so no good for distance
    Not sure how you can say the E36/46 differ so much, same engine slightly enlarged and a few more horses (343 instead of 321) squeezed out which is counteracted by slight increase in weight (1515 to 1570)
    As said my brother practically gave it death - he was regularly driving from Liverpool to Anglesey and it had a new engine installed before it was 3yrs old and the thing was more than reasonable as the gearing was tall compared to the other cars he had I mentioned above (I remember reading the running procedure for the new engine which stated no more than 4000rpm for the first x miles and that equated to 140mph in 6th!)

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    i was took out in a tms stage 2 vx220turbo and it was brutal , theres no way in the world my stage 3 vxr would have kept up ...
    Are they really that fast? What would be a rival for the stage 2 VX?
    Last edited by turbovxr; 25th May 2011 at 10:26 PM.

it had every thing mate ...standard 0 to 60 is just over 4 seconds so with 250plus bhp no carpets and sitting on the floor it felt a monster ...cant really compare the vx to a m3 ....

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    it had every thing mate ...standard 0 to 60 is just over 4 seconds so with 250plus bhp no carpets and sitting on the floor it felt a monster ...cant really compare the vx to a m3 ....
    How loud is it inside the car? Can you hear the music when driving normal?

he didnt drive it normal , and i think the stereo had been pulled out.....get lookin on you tube clarkson did some good reviews on them..i dont think id want one as a every day car but a weekend fun car hell yeah

VXR Torque of the Devil vxrcopey's Avatar

came across a vx220 last nite and all i can say is woow . . . . very fast. probz my next car
    Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

VXR enough

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2770430.htm

there! lol

im still trying to decide on what car next, as i could have a company car... id have something stupid like a vx220.. but as i may have to use my own car... swaying towards a 1 M coupe (330bhp)

so depends on millage... and im only small so if your a normal size person id look at other cars ..
    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast