Closed Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Exclamation Custom Re-mapping to suit your car, its modifications and its driver!!

Smart Performance is a small midlands based business that is quickly expanding its services to our customers.
    The latest addition to our vast array of tools is the ability to do custom re-maps for 95% of cars built since 2001.
    Communicating with the ECU through your cars OBD port we can now offer the ultimate in car re-mapping.
    Using our well established rolling road, and our newly purchased software and hardware we can easily, quickly and effectively create a custom map for your VXR that suits you and provide you with the most from your car.

As a small business in an expanding market we are pleased to offer a discounted price to all VXRonline members and offer the potential the create a group buy dependent on interest. The question we ask is : Why spend money on a generic handset mapping device when for less money you can buy something that is far more unique and caters for your needs far more effectively!

As most of you will be asking, here is the answer to that big question: How much power?
    Power changes will vary from every car and depend on what the driver requires. Smart Performance will not quote a before and after figure as there are too many variables. It is not, however, unreasonable to assume that power gains of 35/40bhp can be SAFELY gained from a turbocharged engine.

Please feel free to contact us with any inquires of any kind.
    Happy driving

Smart Performance Team

VXRed

sounds good, any idea of a price of the Astra Vxr?

VXRed

We normaly sell them at £350 per car

However we are selling them to VXRonline members at the discounted price of £325

If you can arrange a group buy for 5 or more members we can do them even cheaper at £300 each!!

Possibly run a rolling road shootout day where you can have it remapped aswell? I will leave it to you lot to decide!

Any questions just ask!

Smart Performance Team
    Last edited by Smart Performance; 15th July 2011 at 09:29 PM.

VXRed

how much more than £325 would it be to have a before and after Rolling road if it was just 1 car?

cheers

VXRed

Before and after rolling road power runs are inlcuded with the remap.. We like to roll the car to check where we can improve and then that fuelling / timing is perfect after the map...

Printouts of everything recorded are given as well as overlay graphs of before and after!

Smart Performance Team

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Smart Performance View Post
    Before and after rolling road power runs are inlcuded with the remap.. We like to roll the car to check where we can improve and then that fuelling / timing is perfect after the map...

Printouts of everything recorded are given as well as overlay graphs of before and after!

Smart Performance Team
    any examples of other cars you have worked on, competition cars, road going cars etc ?
    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Banned

Do you have any experience with tuned Astra VXR's specifically ?

VXRed

Hi,

Our primary business is building engine for classic and racing cars. We have lots of experience building a tuning all types of engines. We mainly deal in classic mini engines for racing, hence why we bought the rollers to dyno prove and tune our engines.

Our latest projects, including our own race car, have been a normal classic mini engine running a bmw k-series bike engine head. These run full fuel injection and use an ECU. We have spend alot of time on the rollers mapping these engines and have learned alot from it.

Recently we have had alot of interest in tuning newer cars such as the VXR's and have run lots of dyno shootout days. People always ask us what we could do to their car. Untill now we havnt been able to offer anything. So moving into modern remapping seemed an obvious route to go!

The reason we approached the VXR forum is because of our regular customers has an astra VXR we have done work to and have rolled multiple times. He was very impressed with the results we gained from his car and said this would be the best forum to spead the word a develop some good maps!

Smart Performance

VXR Torque of the Devil Cobers VXR's Avatar

I must make it clear that i am not interested in your maps but i think this is how you should go about it as this has worked for a few tuners:

You need to have a proven astra VXR with a good map on it to allow people to see what sort if safe gains they can get.

Most tuners start with a development car, this can be anyone with an astra vxr who lives close, you get to use their car for any development you need but in return they get all the work done for free. you pay for any repairs that need doing due to an incorrect map etc. Once you have had this car developed and running correctly and safety then it is worth promoting at events like PVS and Total vauxhall.

So basically you need to get yourselves a development car.........

VXR enough

Where in the midlands mate as once I get a gt28 I was looking for a proper custom map on mine

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast