Closed Thread

Thread: Vibration/judder through steering wheel?

VXRed

Unhappy Vibration/judder through steering wheel?

Not sure how to best describe this but i'll give it a go. After a spirited B road drive friday evening I noticed that when turning left at approx 30-40mph theres a vibration/judder from the left hand wheel and through the steering wheel. Also happens in a straight line over 60ish mph but its not as bad.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be or experienced this themselves?

NOTE: I had Eibach springs fitted about 2 weeks ago and as of yet havent had time to get the tracking sorted. Was booked in to the garage at the weekend but had to cancel due to work.

Want to get it looked at and rectified asap as the misses uses it for work everyday and dont want anything bad to happen when shes driving.

Any help/ ideas is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Karl

Sounds to me like the wheels need balancing mate. shouldn't cost much to sort.

There's a recent thread on this if you do a search. I'm having a similar problem with vibration at 70.

From what I've read could be - tracking, balancing, wheel bearing, buckled wheel, tyre pressure.

Ps had my wheels balanced and didn't solve it so still looking for the answer. Going to swap front and back wheels next and see if it still does it

Check the discs and pads mate might need skimming or replacing
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...e-vxr-is-goingLOTS OF SHINEY STUFF FORSALE FOR CORSA VXR PLEASE LOOK

VXRed

Cheers scorer. I'll get the tracking and balancing done asap. Hope it is something as straight forward as that.

Jonny, tyre pressures are fine and not been over any potholes or bumps bad enough to buckle a wheel that I can remember. I guess the garage can tell when balancing?

Chris, I'll check the discs and pads also. Hope it isn't them as they have only covered around 4500 miles.

Cheers all

Can't see it being anything except balancing mate

Closed Thread