Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Error Code 124358 - How can it be fixed?

Decided to do the pedal test today seen as the weather is crap and nowhere to go lol
    Anyhow, came up with 124358 Turbocharger bypass solenoid error- What is the solenoid and how can this be fixed? Any ideas as to how much it will cost too if I took it to VX?

Cheerz people!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Skamiiii View Post
    Decided to do the pedal test today seen as the weather is crap and nowhere to go lol
    Anyhow, came up with 124358 Turbocharger bypass solenoid error- What is the solenoid and how can this be fixed? Any ideas as to how much it will cost too if I took it to VX?

Cheerz people!
    In warranty - nothing, out of warranty 100+

That code usually relates to the diaphaghm in the recirc' valve ripping. Best to replace with same or get a 3rd party unit from say forge.

However - before make sure you check there are no vac lines off as you will be experiencing whats called on here the Turkey Noise under load or just slightly on changing gears.

For more info on this SEARCH for turkey !

Quote Originally Posted by Mattinem View Post

That code usually relates to the diaphaghm in the recirc' valve ripping. Best to replace with same or get a 3rd party unit from say forge.

However - before make sure you check there are no vac lines off as you will be whats called on here the Turkey Noise under load or just slightly on changing gears.

Yeah I have the turkey under my bonnet too!! lol Thanks mate. Will be searching for turkey now
    and oh one other thing... this turkey noise does it mean my turbo is on its way out? Cause I was planning on getting a new turbo cause of that noise :S

However - before make sure you check there are no vac lines off as you will be experiencing whats called on here the Turkey Noise under load or just slightly on changing gears.

and sorry I have a Collins dump valve... I think that replaces the recirc valvle? does it

VXR's cold storage monster Red Ice VXR's Avatar

and sorry I have a Collins dump valve... I think that replaces the recirc valvle? does it
    The turkey noise shouldn't mean new turbo mate, its just that the boost has forced a hose off I think. Also a dump valve wouldn't do away with the recirc valve that will still be there

Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

VXRed

Not unless you put a blanking plate in the VX unit, which I bet you didnt ???

Turkey noise nothing to do with longevity of turbo

Not unless you put a blanking plate in the VX unit, which I bet you didnt ???

Turkey noise nothing to do with longevity of turbo
    Thank god then!
    im not sure if the oe has been blocked :S it had a bailey dump valve already on when I bought it... i only changed it to the collins one as it was an easy diy thing even an idiot can do.
    but the dump valve was installed by courtney sport as the previous owner had the receipts and all... so would courtney blank it off?
    Last edited by Skamiiii; 7th August 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Just read up on another thread about a boost hose off the black box, at the back of the engine... WHERE at the back of the engine and how do i get ther :S

VXRed

Just read up on another thread about a boost hose off the black box, at the back of the engine... WHERE at the back of the engine and how do i get ther :S
    Put your hand/arm right behind the inlet manifold/phenum and you will feel a box - a few vac lines go into there. If still not sure, follow down the vac line from under the crossover/fuel reg - as i said check all vac lines before looking at the recirc valve.

There is a great picture on here somewhere on the vac box

Put your hand/arm right behind the inlet manifold/phenum and you will feel a box - a few vac lines go into there. If still not sure, follow down the vac line from under the crossover/fuel reg - as i said check all vac lines before looking at the recirc valve.

There is a great picture on here somewhere on the vac box
    Thanks will be looking in to it 2moro

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast