Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Angry M32 gearbox damage. Help please!

Hello everybody! I am new to this forum and I start by saying hello and asking for your help. I own an Astra 1.6 Turbocharged engine (the same as the Corsa VXR). I have a M32 gearbox like the Corsa also.
    The thing is: at 25.000 miles the clutch needed replacement. I replaced the bearing, pressure plate, friction disc, and the flywheel. Flywheel was the first thing to get damaged. The mechanics were I had it serviced took the gearbox off for about 6 times and damaged 6 bearing because of I don't know what problem (brake fluid was leaking between the gearbox and engine because the bearing was snapping).

Now, the car makes a funny noise in 1st gear when you try to rev it over 1500 rpm. Really loud. In 1st and 5th the gear stick is moving front and back depending where the accelerator pedal is. If you push the gas pedal it goes back and if you take your foot of the gas it goes forward.

They sad part: After a clutch kit that cost me 1500 and 3500 in modifications they tell me I have to blow another 5500 on a brand new gearbox.

I won't! I haven't got any money left. The car is ALMOST 3 years old!!!!! It's warranty expired after 2 years.

I am from Romania and I complained about the problem to GM customer support for Romania, Bulgaria and Ukraine.
    My questions:

1) I know the body has 10 years corrosion warranty. The 2 years expired and I had the clutch serviced at a street corner shop. But doesn't the engine and gearbox have a bigger warranty? 3-4-5 years?

2) Is there a repair kit for a M32 gearbox?

I really really appreciate you've spent the time reading my novel. Any opinion good or bad would be more than appreciated so please, feel free to comment.
    I really need your help because I've spent so much time, money and passion into this car that I don't know what to do next, who to talk to get the gearbox replaced on warranty.

Thank you again for reading!
    Vlad.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

VXRed blooded

Thank you. Wow! But doesn't the gearbox have more than 2 years warranty?
    Last edited by 320i24v; 6th September 2011 at 11:56 PM.

In the UK we have everything as a 3 year warranty and then thats it.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

VXRed blooded

Can anyone help me with the question for sure? Does the gearbox and engine have a longer warranty that 2 years? I know for sure the bodywork has 10 years warranty against corrosion.

VXRed blooded

Give vauxhall/Opel a call and ask?

VXRed blooded

I talked to Opel Customer Service for Hungary, Romania and Bulgary and they said that after a investigation the truth is it is my problem. The car has 2 years warranty and 6-12 on the bodywork against rust depending on the car. This is the tricky bit: against rust the warranty is OK but ONLY ONLY for the painted parts and ONLY if the rust appears from inside out. If the rust appears from outside to inside is no good. AND this means that THE UNDERSIDE of the car (which of course is not painted) DOES NOT have a warranty.
    ********! So, once again, I am on my own!
    If anybody hears about a 1.6 Turbo M32 gearbox for sale please let me know.
    Any opinions are more than welcomed!
    Thank you all for reading this and trying to help me! I feel like the car is dead

VXRed

Hi i work for a gearbox firm in essex and we have a m32 1.6vxr turbo gearbox in stock call for full deatails and prices 01992 893833

Thanks
    Darren

VXRed blooded

Will anybody help me pls? Should i repair the old one? Get a new used one? Does anybody have m32 FROM z16let? Ship it to romania???

VXRed blooded

Here comes the update. Opened the box today and surprise. Bearings from 1st and 2nd i think were kaput.
    I ordered a new set of 8 bearings and 3 oil seals. Only 2 of them where dameged but i think it is better to chance them all with brand new Timken bearings.
    Here are some pics. I hope there isn't anything else broken. The car didn't jump out from gear or anything. Only the weird noises in 1st and after a time the sounds went to 2nd also.
    Pics:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast