Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRacing ahead

Default DAP R Springs & Whiteline RARB

The Arctic is away to SOS Motorsport today to have the above fitted. Really quite excited to get it back and get out on the road, as the handling is my least favourite of the Astra's characteristics. Really want to get back onto 18" wheels again, but I'm sure today's work will be a massive improvement in the handling.

The handling issues really hit home when we recently changed our other daily driver to a 2011MY Mini Cooper S, it's so tight and direct that - I'm sorry to say - it made the Astra's handling a touch embarassing in comparison. Some of this may be down to my recent power steering issues, and the fact that I'm running on 19s at present...

Can't wait to get it back, have my fingers crossed that the rain stays off so that I can get out and give it a serious drive!!

u wont be dissapointed. would deffo reccomend the hard setting

VXRacing ahead

Yeah, that seems to be the general consensus of opinion... but I'm a wuss LOL! It's going on on a medium setting at first, maybe shift it to hard once I get used to it's effect. But then winter's coming soon, maybe not...

need to get these done on mine... glws
    Previous Owner of the Carbon Edition VXR - Stage 3 [Airtec + Remus] Carbon Alloys and Rocker, Blue 356mm Ksports, Roose CDTI & Black Samcos, PPP Tophat + Boost Pipe, Quaife LSD, H&R Race Springs, Black Whiteline RARB, Blue SMD Conversion
    **Audi R8 FTW & Progress thread**

Quote Originally Posted by Bluimp View Post
    need to get these done on mine... glws
    carbon dipped rarb

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by redmanifesto View Post
    The Arctic is away to SOS Motorsport today to have the above fitted. Really quite excited to get it back and get out on the road, as the handling is my least favourite of the Astra's characteristics. Really want to get back onto 18" wheels again, but I'm sure today's work will be a massive improvement in the handling.

The handling issues really hit home when we recently changed our other daily driver to a 2011MY Mini Cooper S, it's so tight and direct that - I'm sorry to say - it made the Astra's handling a touch embarassing in comparison. Some of this may be down to my recent power steering issues, and the fact that I'm running on 19s at present...

Can't wait to get it back, have my fingers crossed that the rain stays off so that I can get out and give it a serious drive!!
    Remember to post some pictures, I would like to know what the arctic looks like on the dap r's.

I may then be tempted to spend more money on my arctic !!

VXRacing ahead

Ok, the difference is like night and day; the car feels so much more tight and connected now. Love it.

Also had the car on the rollers today to check everything was running smoothly, and to get some power figures of course...
    Did three runs, and hit 247, 249, and then 250bhp. Can't remember the torque figures but the graphs are getting emailed to me soon.

From what I can gather the RR at SOS is fairly trustworthy, and standard cars tend to hit standard figures, so I'm pretty chuffed with today's results - handling sorted and power more than expected!

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by J20HTR View Post
    Remember to post some pictures, I would like to know what the arctic looks like on the dap r's.

I may then be tempted to spend more money on my arctic !!
    Got a few pics of her on the rollers, but no decent side/front shots to show the drop - I will get some done, but will probably wait a few weeks until they settle properly. Looks lovely already though!

get some fat slags to live in the car for 3 weeks

VXR's cold storage monster Red Ice VXR's Avatar

Good result mate!!

Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast