Closed Thread

Default Direct & Indirect competitors to the Astra GTC VXR

What else is coming from the competition to line up directly/indirectly to the performance & price point of the GTC VXR?

So just to give an example, the new Focus ST I envisage being a staple competitor (It's claimed bhp already puts it behind the prospective vxr BHP muhaha), along with the Scirocco and hopefully this time the Focus RS.

An indirect competitor being something like the Subaru BRZ (£25k/300bhp) which should land around the same time.

So, what other competitors priced upto 30k delivering around 300bhp that may be out already or coming out next year?
    Astra H VXR 2.0l Arctic Special Edition - Stage 3 315bhp/469nm - Sold - Sept 2010 > Feb 2015 - It's journey continues
    Astra J GTC 2.0l SRI CDTI - Stage 1 215bhp/460nm - Work milage monster - Feb 2015 Ongoing
    Audi 8V RS3 2.5l Sportback - Stage OEM 362bhp/465nm - Nardo Grey due January 2016

Robin are making a 301bhp Reliant iirc
    VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Regional Organiser - Southern scorer's Avatar

Next Focus RS is rumoured to be 400bhp and 4WD so, unfortunately I think that will be out of the Astras league. Focus ST will be circa 250bhp

Although no-one has seen one yet and wont do unfortunately until sometime next year (hopefully) -- I feel you forget that the new "Sports hatch" ie. The GTC enters a completely different league going upmarket with its much discussed on here specification. You can tell that just by the Paris Concept alone, for which the new GTC model is based on and in the case of the VXR version - the list of components it is claimed it will have and the concentration on handling and that of a completely new cabin, all very european and of what you would expect from the likes of Audi, BMW etc

Nope, not forgotten! That's why I mentioned direct and indirect competitors. Indirect being not within the premium sports hatch category. Maybe I should expand a little..

I was just looking for an expansion or other feedback on what else might be a competitor based purely on the price being around 25/30k and the performance around 300bhp (Or sub 6secs 0-60) and finally it of course being a new car released or yet to be released.

Direct competitors (Premium Hot Hatch market): Scirocco R, Focus ST, BMW 1 Series Coupe M (125i & 135i to a lesser extent, £28k model not new expensive one)

Lesser direct competitors (3 Door hatches with a bit of poke): New (Unreleased) Civic Type R, Volvo C30 (2.5L T5) etc

Indirect competitors (Anything else): Mazda RX8, Subaru BRZ etc.
    Astra H VXR 2.0l Arctic Special Edition - Stage 3 315bhp/469nm - Sold - Sept 2010 > Feb 2015 - It's journey continues
    Astra J GTC 2.0l SRI CDTI - Stage 1 215bhp/460nm - Work milage monster - Feb 2015 Ongoing
    Audi 8V RS3 2.5l Sportback - Stage OEM 362bhp/465nm - Nardo Grey due January 2016

VXR enough

maybe a new alfa , like the gulietta . Erm... what about a new seat cupra

Closed Thread