+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Regional Organiser - Southern scorer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -BILL View Post
    Wow very interesting thread mate! Top work!!
    Thank you very much

Been a few months since my last update but trust me, the Astra has certainly not been neglected. Been so busy with the car i'm going to have to use individual posts as bullet points but here goes

First up I am finally happy with my interior now featuring a brand new Sat Nav and Climate Control centre consol, brand new ashtray, brand new handbrake tray, brand new gearstick surround and switch surround all painted gloss black courtesy of AVC Customs. Finished it off with a custom VXRacing ashtra gel sticker from Gotographix

Also got the brand new genuine rain sensor fitted

Could not be happier with the interior (spot the spec.)

Nightview

Instead of the factory 2003 Sat. Nav. setup, I opted to run a Rapberry Pi onboard computer running the latest Android software. It's not 100% ready yet, but not far off

Next up was finishing the chassis. After sitting in my living room for at least the last 12 months, my KW Variant 3's and Powerflex Polyuerethane rear beam bushes were finally fitted

The difference between a top end kit like this and the fixed rate budget setup I was running really is night and day! I can see why this kit commands the premium it does Every single nut and bolt, even the rear bush carriers, were replaced with brand new GM items.

Just needs to go to The Wheel Alignment Centre in Southampton now

Now i'm up to date Last weekend was spent adding the only factory option that isn't fitted to the car, rear PDC. Now the factory Dolphin kit that was originally fitted as an option at the factory has not dated well. I went for the Cobra flush mount kit which is a much more modern system with amazing degrees of adjustability.

Final little trick mod we finished off is this...

Astra mk6 VXR remote flip key conversion. People have been doing a flip key mod using cheap, tacky conversion kits, based on the mk5 key, from Ebay for years. Working with car keys for a living I see these all the time :yawn: I decided to go one better and not only use genuine GM parts, but use a mk6 key used exclusively on VXR models. This is just a prototype made from second hand parts, but now we are confident that it is reliable, I will be purchasing some brand new keys from an American supplier

It is certainly not the easiest of mods

Next year is shaping up to be a busy one, just how I like it

In Febuary the car will be on display at Ellsemere Port to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Astra mk4/G. Straight from the factory I will be driving to Durham to leave the car with the guys at VauxPro for a couple of months It will be undergoing an entire nut and bolt rebuild. I don't expect to see less than 500bhp when it is ready Excited is an understatement!

Then, to bed it in gently, i'm all booked up with Z20LET Lovers for Race Wars 2 in May

Going to be a defining year for this car me thinks. Stay tuned!

Regional Assistant - West Midlands TheMadHouse's Avatar

Arrgh wish this could attend the PMR Open Day as Performance Vauxhall Magazine might be attending....

West Midlands Northern Area R.A

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHouse View Post
    Arrgh wish this could attend the PMR Open Day as Performance Vauxhall Magazine might be attending....
    Been chasing a feature with them for about 10 years

It may have to make the trip then ;P

Productive morning off work

First popped into work and coded my dials to show the time in the speedo. This is just a matter of downloading the bin file and modifying one digit. This now enables me to cycle between trip distance and time

Then straight to the wheel alignment centre in Southampton to get the wheels pointing in the same direction after the suspension mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23