Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Those Warranties Advertised on TV right now.

my astra burg has done 26500 miles and i've seen a lot of threads about the gearbox going at this sort of mileage. i havnt got any whining, vibrations or clunking.. yet! just a little worried about the price when it does go someday and i have seen warranties online for £160 or so per year.

has any1 got any info or experience of using these?

if i pay them £160 for a year and they get a £1000+ repair bill for a new box will they try everything to get out of it?

cheers, aly
    Burg #546 - Sight & Light, Philips Diamond Vision Headlights, 15 SMD LED Sidelights, 7500k Fogs and Mains and soooooo much more to come :P

Banned

Yea iv seen these too.. It would good to know what they say.

I'm sure they'd have some terribly bad reason why they couldn't fix it..

so i called one.. we went through the process and the quote for an astra VXR is £750 for the year... yeah, you read that right.!! £750..

also, this particular company (i forget the name) but they DO NOT do warrantees on cars that have been modified.. i'm sure its the same for most if not all the companies.. your car has to be factory default since if something goes wrong and they have to fork out, they will be talking to OEMs.
    My Autumn photoshoot in Epping Forest is here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/eppingforest
    And a random one in the car park here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/small-medium-large

yea. i've gotten a proper quote now and its £191 for everything covered including wear & tear (supposedly) seems very low imo. if someone can give me the go ahead it will be bargain of the century! ..or nightmare of the century if they try get out of it somehow :/
    Burg #546 - Sight & Light, Philips Diamond Vision Headlights, 15 SMD LED Sidelights, 7500k Fogs and Mains and soooooo much more to come :P

Quote Originally Posted by nia View Post
    so i called one.. we went through the process and the quote for an astra VXR is £750 for the year... yeah, you read that right.!! £750..

also, this particular company (i forget the name) but they DO NOT do warrantees on cars that have been modified.. i'm sure its the same for most if not all the companies.. your car has to be facoty default since if something goes wrong and they have to fork out, they will be talking to OEMs.
    oh :/ maybe this is like insurance where u get loads of quotes, call up and they've added a number of hundred to it!!

http://www.gocarwarranty.co.uk/car-w...ml#coverlevels

thats what i just used, and mine isn't modified well nothing except bulbs & stickers.

hmmmm.. thats interesting.. the company i was Warranty Direct.. they only called me back this morning so still had the number.. but yep, they quoted me £750 for the VXR.
    My Autumn photoshoot in Epping Forest is here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/eppingforest
    And a random one in the car park here: www.niat.co.uk/photoshoots/small-medium-large

Banned

I just got a quote of 775. Haha.

VXRed blooded

Most extended warranty companies will not cover full cost of a repair, for example they will only pay £30 p/h labour rate, and when a dealer charges £80 p/h, its you the customer who has to make up the shortage, aswell as paying for the warranty, thats if they don't try and wash their hands of any claim altogether.

Cost of a gearbox refurb is less than that...

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

VXRed blooded

Dependant on the service history you could take it to vauxhall and take out extended warranty with them. They usually require you have a service included in the price to make sure your car is all in order before they issue your warranty.
    Astra Nurburgring Edition 248 (Written off )
    Ford Focus RS MK2 (Wasnt as fun)

Back in - Astra Nurburgring Edition 225

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast