Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Novus View Post
    Thats what it needs Rich,looks to ......well plain really,nice car but vxr is whats needed for visual wows i think

Exactly what you would of thought of the basic "sports-hatch" when it was first launched I would imagine.........

Quote Originally Posted by R15VXR View Post
    Exactly what you would of thought of the basic "sports-hatch" when it was first launched I would imagine.........
    yep, fair point .

They had a black 5 door sri in there with some styling kit on it(dont know which),different bumpers and fog lights ,skirts and anthracite wheels,looked alot better than a standard 5doo rsri so maybe this kit is available on the gtc too?
    Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by R15VXR View Post
    Hit the nail on the head there Rich...........deffo needs the VX pack!

Very plain otherwise, as was the H sports hatch without it.
    12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Had a quick look at a 3 dr SRi today in a showrroom...feels much bigger than i expected....everything else was fine, until i looked at the price...£23k!!! Judging by that price the VXR may be in a bracket which seems ridiculous....i may be priced out!! If it embarks on the £30k mark easily, i'll be looking at bmw 1-series, 3-series or a 2nd hand S5.... Nice looking but c'mon!!!!
    Thank you to NITRIX for the signature!!

we've got 3 gtc's in at our garage at the moment, and the 2 things that spoil it to me, wheel arches are way too big, even with the 19's on theres a massive gap. and the car itself sits too high, needs lowering, the rear end of a 5 door looks lower than the 3 door. Other than that, lovely looking motor

Subject to test driving the 2.0 cdti this coming Friday I will be ordering one with most options apart from leather..

I think it's a good looking motor but will admit it needs the side skirts etc to give it real presence...

however I've been told that production on the body kit may not be until June which would delay the order by months... Grrrr..

Still, I just hope I can cope with the loss of power over the my motor but just can't justify the cost for V-Power anymore..lol
    Auto Inparts.com
    exclusive automotive products
    www.autoinparts.com
    www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
    ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

VXRacing ahead

I went to one of my local dealers yesterday to have a look, yep very nice,plenty of room,good possiblity may get one next year,would love a VXR again but can't see it being in my price range,basically the enthusiast will be priced out of the market as i said to Dougie at Oulton Park, one thing the dealer did piont out to me was the rear bumper , when the big wheels are on 19"/20", there's a bit of plastic added to meet type approval, it's where the rear quarter meets the bumper. On a black car it was hard to see,but on a white one, oh dear!!! Has anyone else noticed it?

Didn't take much notice.. The one at my dealer is Red so will have a ganders this week.
    Auto Inparts.com
    exclusive automotive products
    www.autoinparts.com
    www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
    ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by VXRoz View Post
    I went to one of my local dealers yesterday to have a look, yep very nice,plenty of room,good possiblity may get one next year,would love a VXR again but can't see it being in my price range,basically the enthusiast will be priced out of the market as i said to Dougie at Oulton Park, one thing the dealer did piont out to me was the rear bumper , when the big wheels are on 19"/20", there's a bit of plastic added to meet type approval, it's where the rear quarter meets the bumper. On a black car it was hard to see,but on a white one, oh dear!!! Has anyone else noticed it?
    This is how I feel, I'd love to upgrade to the new VXR but I get the impression already that the price will be too high to justify. I'm just glad that I was able to sample the current VXR and can always look back on the fun I had, looking more like SRI world at best next time, maybe the 180 petrol or 160 diesel :-(
    I'll just give it a quick wash!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJ View Post
    Subject to test driving the 2.0 cdti this coming Friday I will be ordering one with most options apart from leather..

I think it's a good looking motor but will admit it needs the side skirts etc to give it real presence...

however I've been told that production on the body kit may not be until June which would delay the order by months... Grrrr..
    VXR Styling Pack is now available from January build.
    Interior Styling Pack is the one that is delayed further

Quote Originally Posted by VXRoz View Post
    when the big wheels are on 19"/20", there's a bit of plastic added to meet type approval, it's where the rear quarter meets the bumper. On a black car it was hard to see,but on a white one, oh dear!!! Has anyone else noticed it?
    Same as Scirocco and a number of other big wheels cars now adays

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast