Closed Thread

Default Vauxhall Winter Check - Worthwhile?

I've had a look on the site and the only thing i'm unsure about is topping up the antifreeze level in the engine coolant.

1. is this done anyway on a regular service? my car had one about 6 weeks ago.

2. if not, is it worth paying £35 for vauxhall to do it or is it easy to do yourself?

cheers, Aly
    Burg #546 - Sight & Light, Philips Diamond Vision Headlights, 15 SMD LED Sidelights, 7500k Fogs and Mains and soooooo much more to come :P

bump.
    Burg #546 - Sight & Light, Philips Diamond Vision Headlights, 15 SMD LED Sidelights, 7500k Fogs and Mains and soooooo much more to come :P

if it was serviced 6 weeks ago i wouldnt worry mine gets a full service in march an the oil changed at intervals during the year but nothing special for winter the coolant will be fine unless you've been watering it down.i would not bother personally if coolant is low by ready mixed if your unsure or consentrat is normally about 50/50 an top up to the mark.

courts stage 3 297bhp 343ft/lbs

vxr gone onwards an upwards

VXRed

It depends, I would have thought they would have topped it up due to the service been long ago. Plus you can visually see if there's enough it will either be a pink or green colour. If they are really weak colour then there isn't hardly any in and could do with a top up. Wouldn't say it would be worth £35

Closed Thread