Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Knocking sound from rear

Hi im getting a knocking sound from left rear side on my bus like a twanging sound intermittent mainly on cornering and uneven road surfaces,, i have just called vauxhall to get price of rear shockers and because theyre ids there £230 each and the rear springs alone are £280 for pair thats daylight robbery surely!?%

dap r springs are £200 delivered lowered and harder

ask in the wanted section theres plenty of breakers on here for shocks
    Last edited by britishbeef; 16th January 2012 at 01:49 PM.

VXR Die_Hard Stormtrooper. Die_hard's Avatar

Can get the Daps for £174 delivered from a dealer on here, gnmotorsport or something lol.
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Quote Originally Posted by Die_hard View Post
    Can get the Daps for £174 delivered from a dealer on here, gnmotorsport or something lol.
    interesting as Daps are only available from courtenay's

VXRed blooded

That's a wee bit expensive! As has been said Daps are less expensive, and Eibachs. Have you got a RARB fitted? If you have, it could be loose - mine made a knocking noise when it came loose.

VXRed

hi i dont have a rarb would like one though, the knocking sound doesnt seem to occur when i have a passenger as often , i took the car to my friend who works at ats and he checked suspension n he said it sounds like exhaust as that clunked when he wobbled it ? would love to avoid spending cash if poss i did ring courts and they promoted dap 1st off just under £200

VXRed blooded

Actually now I've thought about it, if that price for the springs includes fitting, it isn't too bad (the price of the shocks is still shocking) - hopefully it's just your exhaust though

VXR Die_Hard Stormtrooper. Die_hard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Die_hard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandy VXR View Post
    interesting as Daps are only available from courtenay's
    Good shout - because now you mention it - it's a flippin RARB he sells, not Daps lol. Got my wires crossed a bit there
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

VXRed blooded

Mate, get it on a ramp and check all the bolts are tight on the shockers. I've just had the same thing and was getting ready to shell out for new shockers when we found the bottom bolt was loose, a quick tighten up and hey presto no clunking noise anymore. It might not be the same prob but you never know, might save you a few quid.

VXRed

will have a check on shocker bolts , exhaust is held with rubber things they look old and dry , can these be replaced easily and would it hold exhaust more still so it doesnt clunk?

Closed Thread