Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fk ak street cheapy coilovers

VXRed

Default Fk ak street cheapy coilovers

Don't state the obvious that these are crap but has anyone had any experience with the fk ak street corsa d coilivers there cheap at £197 a full set, there for every kind of corsa d which brings me to question it states it lowers up to 60mm but if that's on a standard corsa then would the lowering of a vxr be less
    iam only looking at these as iam repairing my vxr that's had a prang and I need at least one front shocker poss 2 and I can buy these coilivers for the same price as a 2nd hand standard shock any feedback appreciated

VXRed

eBay jobbies by the way

Buy cheap = Buy twice

Astra

I had them on my old 1.2 thought they were pretty good tbh good through corners but really hard ride. Then again your never going to get performance and comfort in the same package

VXRed

I'd be buying more for the looks of the lowering to be honest iam not a speedy driver, from the lights maybe but I deffo won't be taking corners hard espesh aftet my accident so I don't see the point of blowing £400-600 on the real deals, does anyone no if these coilivers would lower the vxr to a nice slammed stance

VXR Nothing comes close James H-S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Buy cheap = Buy twice
    Im afraid I have to agree
    Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

VXRed blooded

people are happy to buy lowering springs, but soon as you say cheap coils people say there ****. surely cheap coils are better than springs?
    K&N induction kit - £65 posted

nurburg splitter - £80 posted

VXR Nothing comes close James H-S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sam-bhp View Post
    people are happy to buy lowering springs, but soon as you say cheap coils people say there ****. surely cheap coils are better than springs?
    I personally wouldn't buy either. Why put 200 suspension on a 20k car?!
    Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

VXR Nothing comes close coreythorny's Avatar

I'm sorry but these wouldn't be allowed to market if they didn't meet specific standards. So you can rest assured the first roundabout you enter they won't blow up or disintegrate.

As long as you're a wise enough driver to accept these wont have the same cornering and rebound as a decent setup and can feel the give/peak points you'll be ok. Same with any car, you learn the car before you slam in the bends. People that say these will put you in a ditch, only if you expect them to make your car a race car!

For looks these are spot on, handling maybe a slight increase, reliability... Well give them a good gentle clean every month etc and don't throw em around like your misses and they'll be fine.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast