Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Turbo lag problems

Hi everyone took my astra vxr nurb to vauxhall yesterday cos i've been having problems with turbo lag in sports mode.
    It's really strange actually it's like the turbos having trouble kicking in.
    It kicks in about 3000 revs then drops out then kicks in again and then drops out and so on.
    The tech at vauxhall told me it had definately been remapped as i'm getting alot more power in sports mode than i should be.
    I've done abit of research on here and found that the car used to belong to brian.f who is a member on here.
    From what i could tell he's had it tuned up to stage 2 but i still don't know exactly what he's had done to it or what ecu remap he's had,would message him but doesn't look like he's been on in about a year.
    the vaux tech said that someone on here might be able to help me find out what mapping it's had done so i can get the ecu flashed hopefully smoothing out the turbo lag he seems to think it's definately a programming issue which could be possible cos i didn't know it was chipped vaux did an update on the ecu last service i think this is where the problem started.

Please help any info would be much appreciated, thanks

VXRed blooded

If I was you I would put it a rolling road ?? Get it checked see what's going on with it then either get it flashed back to vauxhall map or get it remaped proper by a garage or by hand held unit, My little brothers corsa had been mapped which he didn't do himself and vaux were like we suggest takin it off and that was it basically I would take it els where to a tunning garage that knows what there talking about where you from?

Hi mate thanks for your reply, that is pretty much what i thought not sure i wanna let vauxhall take it back to basics, i've got too used to the power now he he.
    I'll probably go for the remapping option.
    If i was to buy a hand held unit and do it myself i'd have to get the right one wouldn't i ?
    To not lose any power that is. Do u think the best option would be to have it properly tuned by a garage then or does it not make much of a difference?

I'm from Essex by the way how bout ur self ?

VXR School Run, All Aboard! SilverSchoolBus's Avatar

If the car is tuned by the so called "big 4", you should be able to get what has been done to the car.

Failing that, I would personally get it flashed back to standard, rather than spending a lot of time and possibly a lot of queens heads to get to the bottom of this, .
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

post your spec might help people try and help you
    Magnex Exhaust .TXA sports cat,CDTI box,KN air filter ,TXA top hat pipe ,dreamscience handset ,white line rarb

VXRed blooded

I'm from Scotland and went down the route of ipf unit from regal but I ended up taking it to
    Midpoint garage as I had problems but they sorted it all out for me, go to a tuner get it on the rollers and see what's up wi it either do what other user suggest flash it back to vaux map and see if this solves the problem if it aint gonna cost you anything. then maybe get it mapped yourself by hand held or at a garage. But u will still
    Need rolling road if your going down handheld unit well I would get it checked anyways to make sure everythin is good like boost fuel etc so maybe just aswell getting it mapped by courts, Regal, midpoint, just suggesting a couple of the big tunners but I'm sure there will be some1 from
    Your area that may know good garage. Think ipf unit is on offer just now seen a post about it, might be an option and then get it checked on rollers, all down to personal opinion I suppose is the car standard? Just the Remus?
    Last edited by gfarmer; 13th April 2012 at 01:44 PM.

VXRed blooded

Oh and you will also get varied opinions on what tuner to use I can't personally comment much as this is the first car I've remaped but I'm happy with mine stage 2 on the ipf quite an aggressive map tho really feel the power. Reason i got the ipf was I will try stage 3 map at some point as I've got the cooler fitted but wanted to try stage 2 first then try stage 3 and just see what I prefer play about a little but like I said personal opinion I suppose alot of users say custom
    Map from courts etc is alot better but I don't know the cost of upgrading to stage 3 if u wanted to adventually Some1 with more experience might be more help than me.

If the dealer has done an ecu update then won't it now have a standard map installed?

fairly sure itl be the boost control solenoid thats failed (the sensor thats mounted on the turbo) i had the same symptoms as u with the car going then pulling back and then boosting again. there about £20 il try and find the link for one mate
    Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

http://www.vauxhallworldparts.com/Pa...&Submit=Search

thats what you need mate. id also recommend some 4mm silicone vac hose to go with it. you dont even need clips to hold it on

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p4...duct_info.html
    Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast