Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

thanks everyone, I thought it was standard, just the remus, till i took it to vaux and tech said it's definitely been mapped.
    andrew in reply to ur question, thats exactly what i would have thought but the tech didn't test drive my car till 8 months after they had fiddled with the ecu, so not sure how that works.
    i've got a quote from a tuner called redline tuning to it get put on the rollers which was £72 in total.
    They have got the same set up as thorney motorsport by the sounds of it.
    has anyone heard of these guys before and do u know whether their any good?
    also is that a good price or should i keep looking?
    forgive me for not putting my spec on here but like i said i truly don't know what's been done to it, once i find out i will let u know
    how do u get ur spec on the bottom of ur posts anyway?

Thanks

hi bawb just seen ur reply, do u think it's worth taking it to garage first to c if thats definitely what it is ?

i dont think the garage will be able to detect it mate as unless the solenoid totaly fails it doesnt show any error codes or owt. i had bother for like a year before i found it was the bcs. you could try a rolling road that shows boost pressure but the new sensor is cheaper than any dyno that will give a boost reading lol worth a try just out of daftness
    Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

thanks mate how easy is it to install is it something i could do myself and do u think it would be worth putting an uprated one on ?

5 minute job to do mate just disconnect the wiring, undo the 2 torx bolts and remove the 2 pipes from the actuator and the one from the intake of the turbo. ul have to pull the third pipe off the bcs itself as it looks like a nightmare to disconnect from the manifold. pipe up your new bcs and fasten back down and its all done lol u shud be able to tell straight away if its sorted
    Arden VXR, 19" Anthrecite alloys, TMS Stage 3, Forge FMIC, Remus, K&N Panel filter, Insignia washer jets, RARB, DAP's, Sight and light, Keyless, Forge recirc valve, Percys oil restrictor and breather box, 3 Gauge conversion, VXR front grille badge, VXRonline window stickers and The Origional Percys Airbox

Banned

Some nurbs do run high power though mate. mine clicked 277 standard on standard map in sports on rollers

exact problem happening to me! sooooooo annoying!!!

Think i'm definitely gonna go for replacing the boost control solenoid, the more i think about the problem the more i think it's that on it's way out as it doesn't seem to do it all the time.

i think i'm gonna go for an uprated one, i've seen one on regal for £75.
    it says it's more robust and made for highly tuned cars, does anyone know what this is like or any other suggestions?

B17BLG that's mental, so is every nurb different then?

Critee read bawbs previous posts on this thread, ur's might be the same which is a cheap fix

yeah need to get my map tweeked and hopefully it will be sorted

let us know how you get on lads lol

justvxr- i wouldnt worry about getting the uprated one as for stage 2-3 the oe one seems to be fine. plus its £50 cheaper to get an oe one and if it doesnt fix the origional issue you wont be as far out of pocket lol

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast