Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    VXR School Run, All Aboard! SilverSchoolBus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VXR240 View Post
    one of the spark plugs had the bottom missing the bit that can be bent to adjust the gap, what does this mean ive put the new plugs on , i drove the car 6 miles home chugging what shall i do
    You mean the spark plug has snapped and "bit" dropped into the heads?
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

VXRed

yes the bottom was missing from one, and it was black compared to others, didnt seem very tight when i took it out either compared to the others

VXR School Run, All Aboard! SilverSchoolBus's Avatar

I wouldn't drive the car if it was me. More damage can be done.

Sorry, I ain't no expert on this.
    Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

VXRed

well i drove the car 6 miles home once it happened, ive read that it could of passed through exhaust?

VXRed

put new plugs in, started fine but as soon as i revved to 3k it chugged again so going to buy the coil pack for £147 tomorrow, hope that's it and that there's no damage from the metal bottom of the spark plug that broke off

VXRed

changed coil pack today doesn't misfire now but now has a very loud tapping/knocking sound , called rac and there picking it up on Tuesday to take to a garage they're going to take the head off and see what damage has been done by the bit of the plug that fell off, may as well get the hydraulic lifters done as they've been tapping for a while , dreading the bill, should i just sell it and by a Honda?

VXRed

thanks everyone

VXRed

heads off car pistons all been taken out valves taken out and reseated no damage to head or pistons, getting new tappets/hydraulic lifters, will oil be changed? should i ask for this or will same oil thats in still be ok, they asked me if i wanted the cambelt doing but i said ive had that done about 16k ago but didnt get the waterpump done as they said it all loked fine what do you all reckon, they still havent told me how much all this is going to cost? any ideas about that?

VXRed

gonna be expensive and no one can say roughly how much????

Ooo think I had this it went in the engine in my old car went to take it to a garage and suddenly a loud bang thought **** but it was suddenly working perfectly I don't recommend this though would get it checked lol

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast