Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Decided to strip the M32 yesterday ..

Ive got a burg on 34k miles,Stage 2 And after 4 months of whining in 5th and 6th and play in the gearstick, Decided to pull the box out yesterday and Replace the bearing, I got the bearing from bearingkits.co.uk For about £50 (i only replaced the faulty bearing not all of them ) I'm actually glad i never orderd all of them as the rest were like new ! Replaced the Clutch, Flywheel ,Shaft seals etc aswell . All in all took about 12 hours and that was just dodging away.

Once stripped i found the bearing to have a good bit of movement but not half as bad as some of them I have seen on here ( no damage to the casing etc) , So I think i caught it in time !

Took a few pics and a video of the bearing ..

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfooey View Post
    oh yeah thats trashed lol I've just fitted a diff and hope thats the one that gets changed?
    I doubt it unless you specifically asked for it as they would only change the diff bearings
    Quote Originally Posted by soosie View Post
    Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
    Quote Originally Posted by soosie View Post
    Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Happy you got the problems sorted. This is how one of my bearings looked after 40.000 miles. Zoom in near the mechanic's hand so you can get the idea

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Once the gear box is off is it easy to get to the bearings?

One thee box is removed it is easy to access the bearings,but not a job you would take on unless you're fairly competent, I'm a mechanic so didnt find it challenging but you'd need small bearing pullers and a press etc to do the job corectly

VXRed blooded

I used a bearing separator and pulled it off using a 10 ton gear puller, you can buy the bearing and race for arround 60 quid but its a rare size and i had to travel to get it. Also i filled my box with 3l of oil to stop them running dry .

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...earbox-rebuild
    Last edited by Shaunyboy12; 7th May 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunyboy12 View Post
    I used a bearing separator and pulled it off using a 10 ton gear puller, you can buy the bearing and race for arround 60 quid but its a rare size and i had to travel to get it. Also i filled my box with 3l of oil to stop them running dry .

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...earbox-rebuild
    So people puttin in 2.3 and u use 3l?? Would u recommend 3 then

Sent from planet Adam using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

Not saying anything or reccomending anything to anyone due to anything going wrong, mine is fine and also have a mate with an lcr who puts 3l in and not had any probs, the box isnt the best designed in the 1st place, so a little extra oil wont harm it. I changed it 1st when it was a little noisy with 2.4 and the noise didnt change one bit, just got louder so i can only assume that cos the upper shaft in box runs dryest so enough oil wasnt getting to it.

Cheers mate for honesty

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.L View Post
    Cheers mate for honesty

personally i feel its better but cudent care if it ****** out everywhere but its been fine since i did it, and will give it another change in a few 1000 miles.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast