Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spose a little extra on a ****** gear box won't hurt lol

Sent from planet Adam using Tapatalk

I used around 2.5 litres of 75w90 (courtenay recommend that oil) but you have a valid point about the 3L of oil, It wont do any harm and the box will run cooler..I was going to change the oil after first 1000miles anyway for good measure, May try to put in nearer 3L

they take 2.7L of oil when you refill it as std if people put 2.4 in they are short on oil about a coke can's full
    I am going to drill an tap a oil cooler into my one so i can Run 5L of oil and put a small oil pump in to cool it all down when getting a hard time
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR
    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

VXR enough

so r u guys sayin after a 1000 miles after being refurbed u change the oil again and if so y , i dont no much about these lol.
    305 bhp 310 pound of t / courtney tophat / courtney powerpipe/ courtney intercooler/ courtney cdti / forge recic valve / oil restricter bolt / ai unichip / k sport 8 pods /quaffie lsd /eibacs prokit/whiteline rarb / alpine head unit ,amp, /courts accuator /anchirite 19,s

when i rebuild them boxes i get them done with all new bearings no need to change the oil on them as any bits of steel go to magnets in the box
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR

I was just gonna change it to give it a bit of a flush out, Its not totally necesarry, Just peice of mind for me

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by dannyf View Post
    when i rebuild them boxes i get them done with all new bearings no need to change the oil on them as any bits of steel go to magnets in the box
    thanks danny , if u refill a box with a newly fitted quaffe diff would it take less oil than a oe box with no diff fitted
    305 bhp 310 pound of t / courtney tophat / courtney powerpipe/ courtney intercooler/ courtney cdti / forge recic valve / oil restricter bolt / ai unichip / k sport 8 pods /quaffie lsd /eibacs prokit/whiteline rarb / alpine head unit ,amp, /courts accuator /anchirite 19,s

I just put 2,7 to 2.8 of oil back in till it's full up
    no point in saving £5 of oil for the price of a gearbox
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR

just fill it up till the oil starts to come out of the plug, close plug and add tiny bit more and jobs a good un
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Quote Originally Posted by whytie-vxr View Post
    just fill it up till the oil starts to come out of the plug, close plug and add tiny bit more and jobs a good un
    yep same hear i always have a bit of bottle number 3 left tiny bit
    the oil should come out a nice Red
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2