Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRacing ahead

Default looking at vxr need adivce badly !!!

I dont think there is anything i can do about this, but i thought i give it a try anyways.
    I saw this car up for £10,800 on ebay and it didnt sell. Then it got put on ebay again for £10,000 and it didnt sell so it got put on again for £9,500 so i contacted the seller , and she said i could buy it for 9400. Ive been stuck in egypt for 2 weeks, and im out here for another 2 weeks ontop of that. I texted her and she says she sold it for 9300, she was sorry she couldnt hold onto it ect she needed the cash, fair enough. so i looked on ebay again for vxr's in genral. and saw that it is back up for sale, my local evans halshaw is selling it for £10,700. I am devistated and i enquired about the vxr and they say they are the cheapest in a 60 mile radius, so they wont knock a penny off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-VAUXH...item3cc6de8266

A little harsh considering i could of had it for £9,400 saving me a whopping £1,300 .
    is there anything i can do to get the price down, knowing this information ? it is immaculate aswell, you cant nit pick on a scuffed alloy for e.g. Please help !!!!
    BTW has anyone bought a car form evans halshaw lately and got the price knocked down ? how did ya do it =) THANKS ALL =)

VXR enough

Why are you upset? It has no optional extras? And isn't a good price?

Just looked and you can get a arctic for £9500? Personaly I'd get this!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=35083225567

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by mitre3 View Post
    Why are you upset? It has no optional extras? And isn't a good price?

Just looked and you can get a arctic for £9500? Personaly I'd get this!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=35083225567

im just annoyed more than anything mate, and im not fussed on an artic because there are so many white limited editions corsa's where i live. so it wouldnt stand out like the blue. ive got my heart set on arden blue.and my budget is around £10,300 depends on what i see. any you said it does'nt have any optional extras it has the 18" alloys . what other extras can you get that are common on a second hand vxr ?
    i know about rain sensitive wipers and sat nav ect. Thanks for looking tho like i said got my heart set on arden blue. and how much do you think i should be paying for a 59 reg = £9500 ? 10 reg = £10200 ? and a 60 reg = £11000 ? are these price about right ?

got mine from evans halshaw... they made me pay for the little bit of fuel that they put in it so doubt they would drop the price for you

Why didn't you pay a deposit or something? Am I right in thinking you agreed a price then disappeared for a month?!
    Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
    Why didn't you pay a deposit or something? Am I right in thinking you agreed a price then disappeared for a month?!

haha no erm i was just asking her about the car ect and she said she keep it for me , she kept it 2 weeks but had to sell, i didnt put a deposit down because it was like 70% sure i was getting it and i said to her , when i get back from egypt ill come down and if all is well ill buy her. but do you think there is anything i can do about what i worte above, abouut the prices ect ?

VXRed

EH have awful customer service, i got a mk4 fiesta from them for a cheap runaround before i got my SRi and i had to pay £1900 for it, wasn't in thebest condition but because it had £1900 in the window thats the price i had to pay...come payment time they decided to put £1999 into the payment section, i told them of what i thought was a mistake and they turned around and went no thats the admin fee for the HPI check. So i told them i wasn't paying £99 for a HPI check i could get myself for £5, they said you either pay it or you dont get the car...2 days after getting it home the sump plug failed causing my headgasket to go! Rang them up and they say the car has no warranty or guarantee even though i was told 3 months...never did get my money back.

Thats the reason i would never reccomend EH to ANYONE, not even a dog!

Save up £2k more and buy mine

Benefits of mine;

Sexy AFL
    Sexier 18's
    Privacy glass
    Electronic Climate Control
    Bigger screen in the centre console
    3 services in a year
    It's 1 years old tomorrow
    9667 miles on the clock
    Cheaper road tax
    Cheaper insurance
    Better looking
    Last edited by DanPonting; 2nd June 2012 at 04:20 PM.

Do you love him or hate him? wezzel98765's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanPonting View Post
    Save up £2k more and buy mine

Benefits of mine;

Sexy AFL
    Sexier 18's
    Privacy glass
    Electronic Climate Control
    Bigger screen in the centre console
    3 services in a year
    It's 1 years old tomorrow
    9667 miles on the clock
    Cheaper road tax
    Cheaper insurance
    Better looking
    +1

My experience of two Evans Halshaws is they are pretty poor on customer service.

But as they are a fairly big company they sell a lot of vauxhalls, so sometimes they has more VXRs etc in stock.

You will get better service from smaller companies (in my experience) but the car you want won't always be on the forecourt.
    Used to own: Arden Blue Astra VXR.

Now own: Silver Corsa VXR.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast