Unsure what is fascinating about that ignition head to head video really.
I am fortunate to own both the megane 250 cup and the astra gtc vxr. After coming out of a Bathurst vxr8 I'm blown away by the gtc vxr for spec handling looks and drive.
The Megane steering is heavier with a great feel but the handling side by side in both cars is pretty much identical.
The second hand value of the gtc is the most affordable best all rounder money can buy right now.
Forget a mk2 RS focus or 23k scooby don't bother the gtc is right up there in my view and for much less money second hand.
Having owned the gtc Vxr Arden blue for a year now, And it's only done 24,000 miles I have to say it's the worse Vauxhall I've ever owned
1. Gear box is terrible especially jumping our of 2nd gear
2. Arden blue paintwork is shocking covered in stone chips on bonnet and roof
3. Alloys are shocking corroding on every wheel
4. Drivers seat catch has gone and won't open
5. 1st and 2nd gear waste of time wheel spins