+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Link to Evo one now added

Astra

VXRed blooded

Do we really want want it to be like the Renault?
    I would easily sacrifice the last bit of chassis tweaking and things like plastic rear windows for a car that can keep me good company for 360 days a year.
    We don't live on a track and at the end of the day if anyone wants to make it a track day car i am sure pretty soon the tuners will make it happen...
    I know that i wouldn't sacrifice the cabin looks or the quality of the seats or the electric gizmos that make our everyday life a bit easier...
    You can always strip these to race it, if you like...

RS Frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by soundofvoid View Post
    I would easily sacrifice the last bit of chassis tweaking and things like plastic rear windows for a car that can keep me good company for 360 days a year.
    We don't live on a track and at the end of the day if anyone wants to make it a track day car i am sure pretty soon the tuners will make it happen...
    I know that i wouldn't sacrifice the cabin looks or the quality of the seats or the electric gizmos that make our everyday life a bit easier...
    agree

Taken from another site so not a Vauxhall owner but does make a good case for the car as an ownership package -

Quote Originally Posted by whitevancam
    I have to admit I'm not a big Vauxhall fan, although I did have Mk2 GTE 16V 'Back in the day'.

The new one though is very tempting, not because I think it will be the best hot hatch, I would be very suprised if it handled like a Megane RS but because of the ownership prospects.

Vauxhall are offering 0% finance and their lifetime warranty on all models including VXR's.

280bhp hot hatch with limited slip diff, fancy front struts, 100,000 mile lifetime warranty and interest free credit, makes if much more desirable if you have to put your own hand in your pocket.

Oh and my last lap round the Ring, last year, as a passenger in a 996 Turbo with X50 kit and DMS Chip we were overtaken by one car ( the owner of the Porsche hadn't had anything come past him all weekend ) the car that overtook us.....

A Mk5 Astra GTE.......
    Currently trying to find out if he meant MK5 VXR who did the 911 at the ring

Astra

RS Frustrated

he is spot on , the astra is the all round package ,where as the megane imo is not , interior still looks like a 1999 renault laguna , one of the reasons im part xin my rs is because the all round useness and the interior

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by soundofvoid View Post
    do you really want it to be like the renault?Well surely the answer would be yes.The megane is universaly acclaimed and has been given the title of best hot hatch money can buy since it came out a few years ago.I used to own a red astra VXR and i loved it but now i own a megane 250 and the difference is like chalk and cheese.And the quality of the interia is superb and far better than the vxr was,nothing like the renaults of old which i agree where gash.I aint trying to wind anyone up,i hate trolls but i am a genuine enthusiastic car driver who has owned many brands of car.The megane is very,very refined and amazingly easy to drive day in and day out.It is very comfortable,well built,looks amazing and most importantly when you put your foot down it is simpley sensational.That is why it is the benchmark to which all its rivals are judged.

Quote Originally Posted by RSJAMIE View Post
    do you really want it to be like the renault?Well surely the answer would be yes.The megane is universaly acclaimed and has been given the title of best hot hatch money can buy since it came out a few years ago.I used to own a red astra VXR and i loved it but now i own a megane 250 and the difference is like chalk and cheese.And the quality of the interia is superb and far better than the vxr was,nothing like the renaults of old which i agree where gash.I aint trying to wind anyone up,i hate trolls but i am a genuine enthusiastic car driver who has owned many brands of car.The megane is very,very refined and amazingly easy to drive day in and day out.It is very comfortable,well built,looks amazing and most importantly when you put your foot down it is simpley sensational.That is why it is the benchmark to which all its rivals are judged.
    Well look at it this way - the new Astra has made a current Megane owner feel the need to sign up and post comments about the Megane on a VXR forum at 2AM in the morning - seems to be causing enough of a stir doesn't it

Astra

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Well look at it this way - the new Astra has made a current Megane owner feel the need to sign up and post comments about the Megane on a VXR forum at 2AM in the morning - seems to be causing enough of a stir doesn't it
    Love it

Project Stormtrooper - FAIL! ProjectVRD's Avatar

The average score for those released so far is:

8.2/10

This includes a 6/10 from WhatCar, which is derived from the 3/5 score they gave. AutoCar did not provide a score.

Scoring is as such:

Reviewer..............Score
    Evo.....................9
    Top Gear..............8
    Car Magazine........8
    AutoExpress.........10
    WhatCar...............6
    AutoCar...............NA

Regardless of the competition, reviews etc, im so glad a Vauxhall has had such an impact, FRS MKII boys do like it, some want to test drive it, even though the Astra VXR is not a competitor to it, its been a long time since we could rave so much about them, since the design and tech changes from the Insignia (which have been passed down to other models, lights, signature 'blade'), the cars they are producing are so good looking.

They have most of the tech required to be on par with Audi, BMW and Merc at a fraction of the cost. Good balance between mechanical and electrical aids for driving. And with all this, it will still do close to 40MPG+ to the gallon on a comfortable motorway run, as well as stop start for 35MPG around the city.

Big enough boot, and it will comfortably sit 4 people, 5 people slightly snug. Which other car right now does all of this, people forget what the car is supposed to do when your not driving is on a track or fast road.

Cant wait to see them on the roads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast