+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RSJAMIE View Post
    do you really want it to be like the renault?Well surely the answer would be yes.The megane is universaly acclaimed and has been given the title of best hot hatch money can buy since it came out a few years ago.I used to own a red astra VXR and i loved it but now i own a megane 250 and the difference is like chalk and cheese.And the quality of the interia is superb and far better than the vxr was,nothing like the renaults of old which i agree where gash.I aint trying to wind anyone up,i hate trolls but i am a genuine enthusiastic car driver who has owned many brands of car.The megane is very,very refined and amazingly easy to drive day in and day out.It is very comfortable,well built,looks amazing and most importantly when you put your foot down it is simpley sensational.That is why it is the benchmark to which all its rivals are judged.
    A friend of mine has the Megane and said my burg is more a match for his car with just being lowered and RARB fitted, i a straight line the astra pulls easily, obviosly the renault is still very very quick in the corners. He said he would be genuinely worried going for a spirited drive with a new VXR as he knows what sort of pace and now with all the new chasis differences. In the real world, there will be no difference or all down to the driver as these cars will be closely matched.

oh and you must of had a VXR replica, theres no way a megane had better interior lmfao!

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectVRD View Post
    The average score for those released so far is:

8.2/10

This includes a 6/10 from WhatCar, which is derived from the 3/5 score they gave. AutoCar did not provide a score.

Scoring is as such:

Reviewer..............Score
    Evo.....................9
    Top Gear..............8
    Car Magazine........8
    AutoExpress.........10
    WhatCar...............6
    AutoCar...............NA
    Glad someone is keeping score

Astra

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by RSJAMIE View Post
    do you really want it to be like the renault?Well surely the answer would be yes.The megane is universaly acclaimed and has been given the title of best hot hatch money can buy since it came out a few years ago.I used to own a red astra VXR and i loved it but now i own a megane 250 and the difference is like chalk and cheese.And the quality of the interia is superb and far better than the vxr was,nothing like the renaults of old which i agree where gash.I aint trying to wind anyone up,i hate trolls but i am a genuine enthusiastic car driver who has owned many brands of car.The megane is very,very refined and amazingly easy to drive day in and day out.It is very comfortable,well built,looks amazing and most importantly when you put your foot down it is simpley sensational.That is why it is the benchmark to which all its rivals are judged.
    I understand your enthousiasm and the need to stand up for your car.
    I have driven some cars through the years too (including Renault, BMW, Ford, Fiat, Opel, etc etc)
    The thing is that although i very much enjoy speed and extreme feel in a car, i am not ready to live in a track day car day in day out.
    I think that making a car able to cope with the everyday life chores involves some clever thinking and is a matter of striking the right balance.
    What i mean is that while i enjoyed so much an extreme Corsa B (real giant killer) when i had it,i couldn't convince my wife and kids to ride in it
    for any distance more than 10 Km...
    On the other hand my wife's Megane Coupe (ordinary 1.6 lit) some 6 years ago started to literally fall apart after two years of use...
    I really do hope the new ones are better built.
    Now in my tuned to (400ps+) ASTRA i can go to the other side of my country while enjoying myself and keeping everybody in the car (relatively) happy.
    I think that when making a modern hot coupe you can either target at the track cars or the GT cars...
    I am confident that most people want speed AND leisure at the same time.
    The new Astra has these people on target.
    The rest can buy the Megane.
    Everybody is happy.

Project Stormtrooper - FAIL! ProjectVRD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
    Glad someone is keeping score
    I have a spreadsheet for it, will be keeping the scores coming but not updating after every single review is released lol

Currently running 6.86 on the Rev counter

Astra

Four stars (or a solid 8 ) from MSN

http://cars.uk.msn.com/reviews/vauxh...2012-onwards-1

Carkeys.com (anyone heard of them?) have got their hands on it.

http://www.carkeys.co.uk/launch-revi...astra-vxr-2012

"You can, of course, over do it. There comes a point where, if you boot the throttle on the apex of a tight bend on a wet surface, a certain amount of struggling will take place. The answer is not to do that. I've read in other reports that the VXR can easily become wayward, and I don't think I'd like to sit beside anyone who thinks that. If you drive it like an idiot, the VXR will feel as if an idiot is driving it, just like any other car."

This guy seems to know how to review a car
    Last edited by ProjectVRD; 13th June 2012 at 12:54 PM.

And now we have the declaration of it being the "class leader".

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot.../Vauxhulk.html

IanJ, I think you might be busy over the next couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectVRD View Post
    And now we have the declaration of it being the "class leader".

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot.../Vauxhulk.html

IanJ, I think you might be busy over the next couple of days
    lol - the Vauxhulk

Astra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast