Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Gearbox failure: guidance on warranty claims needed

Hi folks,

New to the forum. Picked up an Arctic edition a few months back, 1 previous owner.

Has anyone had a gearbox refurb'd or replaced on warranty and were you able to get the warranty on the box alone extended back to 3 years? I want to make sure the workmanship is guaranteed, as mine was refurb'd by Alpine Transmissions. I just expected it would be replaced.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by kerr1410 View Post
    Hi folks,

New to the forum. Picked up an Arctic edition a few months back, 1 previous owner.

Has anyone had a gearbox refurb'd or replaced on warranty and were you able to get the warranty on the box alone extended back to 3 years? I want to make sure the workmanship is guaranteed, as mine was refurb'd by Alpine Transmissions. I just expected it would be replaced.

Cheers.

surely the VX Dealership has or will explain all this to you, if not I suggest you call VX Customer Services.

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

If the gearbox was refurb'd by Alpine Transmissions, then I would say your warranty on the gearbox has been voided as a third party has done work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by vr55vxr View Post
    If the gearbox was refurb'd by Alpine Transmissions, then I would say your warranty on the gearbox has been voided as a third party has done work on it.
    I wasnt quiet sure where that fitted in myself so just ignored - lol

Banned

Hmmm has VX sent the box off to a third party before or you did that yourself?

VXR newbie

They sent it to get refurb'd so it won't be void. Threw in the name of the company in case anyone had dealings with them. So far they haven't been very forthcoming with information, but i am chasing it up. The reason i asked rather than waitin to hear from vx was coz it seems like there are lots of different opinions on the warranty. If someone has been in the same situation, they might be able to advise on how it turned out for them. Hopefully it will be fine.
    Cheers

I had my box done by alpine transmissions last year Allan has done loads of m32's .

If it was warranty work by vaux but only carried out by a 3rd party then I would say your warranty is still with the dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by soosie View Post
    Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
    Quote Originally Posted by soosie View Post
    Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

VXR newbie

Smile vxr gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by kerr1410 View Post
    Hi folks,

Cheers.
    hi mate,
    my asrta vxr had done 12300miles and the gearbox was making a whinning noise in every gear.Had 6 weeks left on my 3 year warranty, took it back to vauxhall and they have agreed to put a brand new box in, took them a week to authorise it .Hope this helps

VXR newbie

hi guys new to this thread so hello to everyone having abit of trouble with my 32 box making a bang everytime i release the clutch been told the diff has play anyone else had this problem thought it was a engine/gearbox mount but replaced them all and still the same if i jack the car up drivers side and turn the wheel about a quarter of aturn it makes a clonk noise any help would be great

Closed Thread