Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Unhappy Xenon headlight upgrade

Hi everyone,

I have purchased some non AFL bi-xenon headlights for my astra vxr but i am struggling to find how to fit them?

I can physically fit the headlight but im struggling to find a kit for them as most of them have the spade connectors which go in the original socket but i dont have that its just a blank hole for the xenon bulb to sit in no wires.

I have found a D2 canbus pro HID conversion kit from HIDS-Direct that fits them but apparently i need to get a 12v feed to power my ballasts but i havent a clue how to do that, has anybody else done the conversion and if so how did you do it?

Thanks,

Weaving life's Rich Tapestry...

Hmm ive just bought a pair of Bi xenons but they were already done, just plug and play. The guy said it was a canbus slim kit with D2 bulbs if that's any help?

VXRed

Yeah thats the kit but for some reason he said i needed to get a charge for the ballasts, i might just buy the kit so i can see it in the flesh then see what i need to do to get it fitted.

Weaving life's Rich Tapestry...

Well it definitely is the right kit so your halfway there

VXRed

Thanks, will get kit ordered then will post an update on here when it arrives and what problems if there is any i get with it lol

VXRed

Grant it should be straight forward mate once you have the kit in front of you, it should be plug and play??

VXR enough

From standard lights to the ones u got u need to do a earth mod.not sure wat it is but I know someone dat has done this.il get him to post in a min.

VXR enough

As your car isn't manufactured for xenon lights you don't have the correct spades in place for the afl headlight so you need a earth mod. It's pretty simple and this link helps a lot

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/...i-Xenon-Lights

Hope this helps fella

I've done it, I followed the guide on aon and it works great, biggest problem is getting the ballast to fit inside the headlamp (I didn't want it in the engine bay)

ideally you want a soldering iron and some heatshrink aswell as some extra wire to do a tidy job although you could just use some crimps, I like to make sure things are solid though as I don't want problems with my headlights on the coming dark nights, also just passed mot with hella bi-xenons retrofitted without self level or washers
    Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
    Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
    Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

VXRed

Thanks for all your replys guys,

Iv looked at that guide and it doesnt seem to hard but im not the best with electrics so i was wondering if anyone knew someone who would do it for me i live near birmingham so i wouldnt mind driving to them or they could come to me and i'll pay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast