+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

There's a white plastic sleeve in the top half of the shaft that has a tang that locates into the small slot you can see in the last pic above.
    I broke that tang off when I spilt it, but it's easy to super glue it back together. It is designed to snap in the event of an accident anyway, and the column is bolted to the car above and below the join too.

Column is easy to get out, the intermediate shaft (from the column to the rack) is he nightmare, due to the access to the nut, or lack of it.
    Last edited by Keif; 28th May 2018 at 06:22 AM.

Currently Driving - Lotus Carlton - Astra TwinTop - MINI Clubman Cooper - Nova GSi
    Written off - Meriva VXR

Quote Originally Posted by Keif View Post
    the intermediate shaft (from the column to the rack) is he nightmare, due to the access to the nut, or lack of it.
    I know your pain !!!
    Still not doing standard
    Meriva Z20LET/LEH project

So sadly the poor Flame Grilled Meriva hasn't had a good week this week.

Monday, it was rear ended while being sat in traffic, which pushed it into the car in front. This has left the rear bumper completely irreparable due to it's earlier repairs, the tailgate has a palm size dent and the front bumper was pushed into (and locked) into the front crash bar. I released the front bumper hoping that I would save it and it drop back into the correct position. However, when being assessed for repair, the normal replace everything method has been actioned and the insurance want to write the car off.
    Sad really as with a replacement rear bumper the rear diffuser is still intact, the tailgate is very repairable and the front bumper is also easily fixable.

Mrs Keif, doesn't want to keep a Cat N car, so it looks like our hands are tied and it will eventually go to car heaven.

On to the next chapter in car ownership, which currently still has a VXR option along with other marques.

Currently Driving - Lotus Carlton - Astra TwinTop - MINI Clubman Cooper - Nova GSi
    Written off - Meriva VXR

Not worth buying back, fixing and selling on??
    Still not doing standard
    Meriva Z20LET/LEH project

Quote Originally Posted by joff-turbo-nova View Post
    Not worth buying back, fixing and selling on??
    In fairness, no.

The offer they've given us for the car, while is lower than we want makes it not worth the effort, plus Mrs Keif isn't happy it'll have a Cat N "stigma". I have explained it doesn't matter if shes not selling it, but when you get a NO that firm, I knew that was that.

We are in dispute at the moment as the offer they've given us is for a standard car and have said if there are factory fit options we can look into the offer. [cough]AFLs[/cough].
    Last edited by Keif; 23rd June 2018 at 07:08 PM.

Written off - Meriva VXR

Deposit paid on the Meriva VXRs replacement today, it's red and just a "quirky" as the Meriva, but not a Vauxhall.

Written off - Meriva VXR

Today was the day the Meriva VXR left us. Thankfully it happened while both my wife and I were both at work. A sad day, and can genuinely say the car was amazing. However it's replacement was viewed, test driven paid for and brought back home yesterday.
    Many options were concidered, including a Meriva B and another Meriva A VXR.
    However it was obvious from first looking at what we've ended up with we were going to end up with one sitting on our drive.
    The spec is
    2010 (60) Mini Clubman Cooper 122bhp.
    In Chilli Red on Black roof.
    Done 62k miles.
    Stop Start
    Heated Windscreen
    Climate Control
    Cruise Control
    Bluetooth
    DAB Radio
    Radio Boost CD Uprated factory Stereo
    Half leather black seats
    Red and Silver interior trim
    Bodywork in good condition with 2 blemishes and a minor bit of lacquer peel on the front bumper.
    The main thing is the huge smile on my wifes face when driving it.

Written off - Meriva VXR

VXRed

Awww that is terrible about your Merv Keif, after all your years off effort improving it and keeping it minty. Gutted for you it was a really nice example.

Yours was the first one ever saw when i had my wee Meriva Design and didnt know they made a VXR one and made may decide to go for one!

New brief looks nice, like the clubman version more than the standard mini and you get 101 options for your now to hunt down and add

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32