Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cdti air filter need recommendations and links

As title says I want to change the filter in my cdti air box from standard to something better.

Any recommendations and links to buy 1 would be appreciated.
    Roody Star Silver Remus exhaust cdti air box gloss black td 1.2 EBC grooved dics yellow stuff pads hekko wind deflectors projector headlights with angel eyes and hid's oil breather box drivers vent boost gauge whiteline adjustable rarb oil restrictor bolt quaife lsd Airtec fmic eds stage 3 293.6 bhp 350 lbft

http://www.autoinparts.com/p112605/V...duct_info.html

I can better the web price if you call me direct.
    Auto Inparts.com
    exclusive automotive products
    www.autoinparts.com
    www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
    ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Roody View Post
    As title says I want to change the filter in my cdti air box from standard to something better.

Any recommendations and links to buy 1 would be appreciated.

So is your car a diesel or have you a VXR with an airbox conversion ???

Vxr with the air box mate should have really put that in the description lol
    Roody Star Silver Remus exhaust cdti air box gloss black td 1.2 EBC grooved dics yellow stuff pads hekko wind deflectors projector headlights with angel eyes and hid's oil breather box drivers vent boost gauge whiteline adjustable rarb oil restrictor bolt quaife lsd Airtec fmic eds stage 3 293.6 bhp 350 lbft

Vxr with the air box mate should have really put that in the description lol
    Well if you have the std one which came with the airbox, your car wont be running correctly ( or I should say as well as it could ) as an 1.9 cdti airbox from VX comes with a woolly bottomed airfilter and also has derestricting pipes inside which need removing. The woolly filter should of been thrown away straight away - either get yourself what Tony has suggested above or a proper panel filter to fit such as a k&N, which I imagine he can supply as well....

Quote Originally Posted by R15VXR View Post
    Well if you have the std one which came with the airbox, your car wont be running correctly ( or I should say as well as it could ) as an 1.9 cdti airbox from VX comes with a woolly bottomed airfilter and also has derestricting pipes inside which need removing. The woolly filter should of been thrown away straight away - either get yourself what Tony has suggested above or a proper panel filter to fit such as a k&N, which I imagine he can supply as well....
    Just avoid confusion, the link I put up is a "proper" Green Cotton panel filter for a 1.9 CDTi airbox
    Auto Inparts.com
    exclusive automotive products
    www.autoinparts.com
    www.e-tech.uk.com

GREEN COTTON FILTERS,
    ETECH, SPARCO, PRECISION ENGINEERED WHEEL ACCESSORIES, MUC-OFF

It's got the rubbery type filter in is the best way I can describe it lol derestricted pipes??

Take a photo of the bay, remove the top of the box take photo of filter,remove filter take photo of inside of box, with this it will be easier for you to understand what needs to be removed etc

It's got the rubbery type filter in is the best way I can describe it lol derestricted pipes??
    Look at the underneath of the current filter, not the sides.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rothnie View Post
    Take a photo of the bay, remove the top of the box take photo of filter,remove filter take photo of inside of box, with this it will be easier for you to understand what needs to be removed etc
    Good idea

I ended up getting a k & n pulls a lot better with one in.i know what u mean now about the cotton part lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast