Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Default What type of smd led bulbs for full interior conversion ? :)

Being an auto electrician to some extent I was going to convert the complete dash board, radio and window switches to LED,

Does anyone know what type of bulbs need replacing and if it is just one type of bulb for the whole lot or is there a few different types I will need

Many thanks

They are surface mount LEDs (3 or 4 different types) which are a right fiddly job to do. The largest ones are approximately 4mmx3mm and the contacts are literally a couple of mm across. If you are not 100% confident in your soldering abilities leave it to one of the guys on here that do it (at a cost).

I've done a few but don't charge (apart from biscuits) however it would be a struggle as I live in Cyprus!!
    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

VXRed

Thank you for your reply

I am confident with my soldering as i first started off with manufacturing / designing circuit boards years ago for led roof lighting / police car lights

I didn't know if they were the push in bulbs or like you have said circuit board and soldered down.

I suppose I will need to take the whole dash off and look at what type of leds to purchase from maplins/ebay/rapid electronics. depending on if i can get the leds the same day i might have to refit the dash and then remove again once the leds arrive. :/

would be helpful if anyone knows anymore about this

cheers guys

Try crazyleds web site he is really good and sells the whole kits I think.

Sent from Wellsys iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Rabbid Stage 3, Airtech front mount, GM Hids, Cobra Exhaust, Direct route ram air, EBC Disc's, Red stuff pads and Hel brake lines.
    The list goes on

There you go.
    https://www.crazyleds.co.uk/Astra-H-04-09.html

Rabbid Stage 3, Airtech front mount, GM Hids, Cobra Exhaust, Direct route ram air, EBC Disc's, Red stuff pads and Hel brake lines.
    The list goes on

VXRed

Thanks will check that site out.

Do you know how easy it is to get to the headlights to put in hid's for Both dipped and main beams

Cheers

VXRed

Default HID's

Thanks will check that site out.

Do you know how easy it is to get to the headlights to put in hid's for Both dipped and main beams

Cheers

Hids are now MOT failure unless you have self levelling lights and washers. You can do it but its alot of work.

The list goes on

Would have a go at the SMD conversion myself, cant find the LED's for the MFD anywhere though. Can anyone help ?

As I said to the other bloke.
    https://www.crazyleds.co.uk/Astra-H-04-09.html

The list goes on

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast