Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Blowing engine worth trying to get fixed?

Just got the car remaped about two wks ago now the engines ****** is it worth getin fixed am assuming its the conrod went thro the sump,saw a engine for a grand n got told 3 hunner for getin it in the car, wen the corsa vxr has no oil has it got a cut off n not let it try turn over, cars low so a thot it was just sumthin hittin underneath the car a tryed to start it again n nuffin happened

VXRacing ahead

New engine personally, seems to be getting very common these engines going pop after a remap, i've only been active on here a few weeks and all i keep reading about is piston 4 and engine problems after a re-map. Either theres to many cowboys about or these engines just can't take it

VXR Nothing comes close James H-S's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benholden2012 View Post
    New engine personally, seems to be getting very common these engines going pop after a remap, i've only been active on here a few weeks and all i keep reading about is piston 4 and engine problems after a re-map. Either theres to many cowboys about or these engines just can't take it
    Mate there's thousands of people who have mapped etc with no issues. The people who have problems are normally those who don't use one of the top tuners who no these cars.
    Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

VXRacing ahead

I'm sure there is, but what's to say the thousand others arnt accidents waiting to happen, I've remapped almost every car I've had, from a diesel fiesta to a 2.0 turbo vectra, never had any problems. 200 HP is alot from a 1.6 as it is, and without upgrading internals etc asking for more is quite risky, hence the large number of engine failures that seem to be happening. Each to there own I suppose but I'm new here and after reading through a few posts that's the impression I get

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

VXR Nothing comes close James H-S's Avatar

I'm sure there is, but what's to say the thousand others arnt accidents waiting to happen, I've remapped almost every car I've had, from a diesel fiesta to a 2.0 turbo vectra, never had any problems. 200 HP is alot from a 1.6 as it is, and without upgrading internals etc asking for more is quite risky, hence the large number of engine failures that seem to be happening. Each to there own I suppose but I'm new here and after reading through a few posts that's the impression I get

It's a forum. People will always post problems and won't post of everything's fine. I've gotta be honest though in the year that I've been a very active ember I've probably seen 4/5 p4/engine blow up threads.
    Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

I would say this is not the normal piston 4 issue as the conrod went thru the sump, something else has caused the issue.

Normal piston 4 is rough running, and can be fixed for forging or replacement pistons - the engine lump is left intact

VXRacing ahead

True, but you could say that about any problem. I always remember a high number of people over at vectra-c complaining about the duel mass flywheel going on the 1.9cdti's, and everyone said at first that it was because the diesels are more popular and people only post when somethings wrong so your bout to see more posts about problems etc...nothing to worry about apparently

Next thing BBC watchdog are doing a feature on it lol

Still, buy the time you pay someone to strip,diagnose and rebuild your engine you'd be better of putting a new one in I reckon fella

Fake evil ends in the sin bin....

I've been running stage 3 for over twelve months now... Problem free...

Interceptors cant catch this.. mcpaynter's Avatar

Really common.. Happened to THOUSANDS...(aka a hand full)

It's all about the map itself, and of course mechanical sympathy
    No VXR
    Abarth and a 330e

Quote Originally Posted by mcpaynter View Post
    Really common.. Happened to THOUSANDS...(aka a hand full)

It's all about the map itself, and of course mechanical sympathy
    What PantherPants said!
    Built by WG Motorworks
    Clique #9

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast