Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Are you VXR enough?

The vec with LPG just wouldnt run right, burnt out 2 ecu's had thousands spent on it and could never get it running right, Vx swapped me an astra for the vec as i didnt want another one, ive got eibach springs fitted to mine and i feel very safe no matter how ive pushed it. If you do a lot of motorway driving them the vec/insig will win hands down, far more refinded and comfy, if your mainly town driving then the astra or corsa is the tool to have, super fun and better on fuel than most people think. Ive a family of 4 and the astra serves us fine.

Quote Originally Posted by EnduroJay View Post
    First off I'm sorry to hear about your job :// at least you have a nice Vectra VXR to have some fun in ?!

I've not got the budget just yet to get an insignia, but what's the 4x4 system like compared to the handling of the veccy? How does it handle in the wet/snow/around corners aha?!
    My vec is ex-police, I'm not sure if the true VXR has different handling or not, I'd imagine it may be very slightly better, but not by much.

I found the Insignia handled much better in all weather apart from snow. You could plant your foot to the floor on a roundabout no problem at all & it felt like it was on rails. Even in the wet it felt planted. The snow was a different story. Took it out & whilst it was easier to get momentum, it didn't want to turn corners. I guess if I'd put winter tyres on it would have helped, however big wide tyres meant no grip at all. Also the 4x4 meant that when you turned, the rear wheels still kept pushing you forward & the front would lose traction. Almost ditched it. The rest of the snowy weather I used my missus Astra lol

Go & test drive the Insignia VXR, you'll not want anything else afterwards.
    Last edited by xtrem3x; 6th January 2013 at 05:42 PM.

VXRed blooded

I love my Vec but in fairness if i had the money i think i would have the Insignia, just because i love the style of the car! I don't think any of us who only use them for everyday running would notice a massive amount of difference in the handling, the only time i found the Vec tricky was on an adverse camber in the rain going into Leeds city centre off the M621 when she tried to go sidewards at 45MPH quite funny really. A friend of ours has a SRI diesel Insignia as a company car and its always back at Vauxhall where as so far with the Vec no issues, but an Insignia VXR in white i think would still be mine if i had the cash!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3