Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

although i love my vec i had an insignia 160 estate courtesy car this time last year and i was very impressed.
    the only thing that put me off was its a much smaller car inside

Don't get me wrong, they are leaps ahead in refinement but they are less engaging than the vectra. The sig tends to drive you and doesn't respect your talents, the vec MUST be driven with respect and requires talent at higher speeds and cornering. Not to put the car (sig) down but it is the least lairy of the vxr list!
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporticus View Post
    But the insignia seems to be problematic?? Most of the vec's inadequacies have been ironed out over the years...and there's been a lot!!!

And before any onslaught check my ownage list!
    i've never had or known a performance car that hasn't some problem with them and i don't think the insignia is any different.
    i had a brand new 06 m5 company car and i drove it a grand total of 3 weeks bmw had it over 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Sporticus View Post
    Don't get me wrong, they are leaps ahead in refinement but they are less engaging than the vectra. The sig tends to drive you and doesn't respect your talents, the vec MUST be driven with respect and requires talent at higher speeds and cornering. Not to put the car (sig) down but it is the least lairy of the vxr list!
    agreed

The question was: what should he get? My opinion was the vec over the sig...purely on experience of the issues I've had with my sig, the problems I've read about them on various sites whilst investigating my issues, on all my ownership of the vec I've never had ANY failures other than usual consumables.
    The sig is still a young car in all honesty and over time the issues will be ironed out as they did with the vec.
    But do you get the same grin on ya mush when driving the sig?
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

VXRed

I like the idea of the 4x4 with the Insignia after having a play in an Audi A6 3.0 tdi Quattro .. Then again I never really had any problems with my vecs handling?
    It seems the v6 vxr's can't handle LPG, there should be a fix, I know they're more complex than the little 4 cylinders ;p haha, wouldn't have an Astra personally, like the big sexy V6... Bit more 'grown up', plus they have a nice puuuuuurrrrrr. Peter has a very nice looking Insignia though!

Are you VXR enough?

Quote Originally Posted by EnduroJay View Post
    I like the idea of the 4x4 with the Insignia after having a play in an Audi A6 3.0 tdi Quattro .. Then again I never really had any problems with my vecs handling?
    It seems the v6 vxr's can't handle LPG, there should be a fix, I know they're more complex than the little 4 cylinders ;p haha, wouldn't have an Astra personally, like the big sexy V6... Bit more 'grown up', plus they have a nice puuuuuurrrrrr. Peter has a very nice looking Insignia though!
    I wouldnt discount the Astra, i to was a vec fan, had many different vectras, did every type to be honest, got the vec vxr (lpg) and it was a ****ing Lemon. Never thought about an astra before, had a test drive in the Burg and it was SO MUCH FUN to drive compared to a standard vec. 2 years on and i still dont miss anything about the vectra.

I had the Insignia
    Now I have the vec

Insignia wins hands down imo but it is obviously more expensive also.
    I guess it depends on your budget including ongoing costs... Everything on the sig is very pricey.

I sold the sig when I lost my job, but I do plan to get one again when my circumstances allow for it.

VXRed

You got the Vec on LPG? I've heard of no one having it really, why was it a 'lemon' lol, like what issues did you have? I know the astras are supposed to be more fun on LPG because of the higher RON number = FUN! So I've heard....

My cousin has the Astra VXR and I just felt it didn't feel as set in the ground, felt like the centre of gravity was higher which made it feel wobbly lol, if you get what I mean? So do you like the Astra just because its more fun to drive??

VXRed

First off I'm sorry to hear about your job :// at least you have a nice Vectra VXR to have some fun in ?!

I've not got the budget just yet to get an insignia, but what's the 4x4 system like compared to the handling of the veccy? How does it handle in the wet/snow/around corners aha?!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast