Closed Thread
Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Default The gym thread mk2

Right lads personally i use this thread to stay motivated and share progress
    Steroid chat is for private messages or another site
    Politely ask to leave any of that chat out legal or not

Mods i understand why the other got closed but it is a very useful thread with some good knowledge. I hope you keep this open anyway!

Right

Lets get this kicked off as its january im sure theyre lots of new gym go-ers
    Anybody just beggining a new regime? In it for the long haul?

Bandit hows your knee btw?

VXR's oldest 20yr old RobDobbie's Avatar

My man flu is gone so it's the first day of my cut today, weighed in at 83.5kg, 20%bf guestimate, I've worked my maintenance out to be around 2550kcals, I'm eating 500kcals below and doing 150-250kcals worth of cardio, plus my regular weight lifting, at this rate I should lose 1.25-1.75lbs a week.
    Training day macros are (give or take a couple gs):
    P-185
    C- 218
    F- 49
    T- 2053

And I'm hungry already!
    -

Quote Originally Posted by RobDobbie View Post
    My man flu is gone so it's the first day of my cut today, weighed in at 83.5kg, 20%bf guestimate, I've worked my maintenance out to be around 2550kcals, I'm eating 500kcals below and doing 150-250kcals worth of cardio, plus my regular weight lifting, at this rate I should lose 1.25-1.75lbs a week.
    Training day macros are (give or take a couple gs):
    P-185
    C- 218
    F- 49
    T- 2053

And I'm hungry already!
    Nice! Any BF aim? I found hunger wasnt so bad, until night time! It got me then, you got a set diet plan or just using cal counters etc?

Im starting to cut at the end of january which im kind of looking forward to kind of not! Ahha
    Might start a bit later but im not sure at the minute im getting stronger so its all good!

Quote Originally Posted by holtt View Post
    Nice! Any BF aim? I found hunger wasnt so bad, until night time! It got me then, you got a set diet plan or just using cal counters etc?

Im starting to cut at the end of january which im kind of looking forward to kind of not! Ahha
    Might start a bit later but im not sure at the minute im getting stronger so its all good!
    No bf aim at the moment, just wanna shed the xmas pounds + a bit extra, this is my first proper cut using a set diet plan so I'm going to do it for between 4-6 weeks, if I lose 4.5kgs that should bring me down to 14/15%, which isn't to bad for Winter, then I'll lean bulk for another 6-8 weeks, then cut again down to 10% ready for my holiday in Napa in August

How have you found strength lose when cutting? Did you get it straight back when you ate at above maintenance again?
    -

Any of you boys tried 'Intermittent fasting"?

I've been doing it for a while and seen some big gains and stripped fat!
    As long as you stick fairly closely to your macros.

I can't be dealing with this 6 meals a day situation, work and life gets in the way!

No bf aim at the moment, just wanna shed the xmas pounds + a bit extra, this is my first proper cut using a set diet plan so I'm going to do it for between 4-6 weeks, if I lose 4.5kgs that should bring me down to 14/15%, which isn't to bad for Winter, then I'll lean bulk for another 6-8 weeks, then cut again down to 10% ready for my holiday in Napa in August

How have you found strength lose when cutting? Did you get it straight back when you ate at above maintenance again?
    Yep loss of strength for sure, the odd shaky gym session too where body didnt want to lift :/ will you be resistance training on an empty stomach? Using any thermogens?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomy View Post

I can't be dealing with this 6 meals a day situation, work and life gets in the way!
    Heard an awful lot about it, only eating between 10am and 6pm etc?
    Heard some really awful extreme ones also day of eating anything day of not eating atall.

IF has good results iv heard and glad to hear of another decent loss/gain with it! Might try it myself

Heard some really awful extreme ones also day of eating anything day of not eating atall.

IF has good results iv heard and glad to hear of another decent loss/gain with it! Might try it myself
    Yea you can get some mad extremes!
    Have you checked out leangains.com?

As it stands I have a 16/8 split. 16 Hours fasting, 8 Hour eating window.
    From 2PM (So lunch time) until 10PM (Dinner basically)

Some days if I'm not working i'll train at 1PM fasted and my post-workout meal to break the fast
    When Im working I'll train about 7pm and last meal around half 9.
    10g BCAA before training fasted.

Feel that when I train fasted I have much more energy and normally stronger.
    Each to their own I guess.

VXR enough

As said in previous thread I'm in it for the long haul and these threads keep me motivated currently at 14 stone 10 and hoping to get down to 2 stone 7 ish and then start bulking for my holiday in September actually quite excited for the changes, n ill keep everything updated got pictures of before n when I'm happy ill show them both

Quote Originally Posted by Tomy View Post

My work schedule fits around my 6 meals pretty well, so I don't mind it, but I'm definitely going to try IF throughout June + July before my holiday with fasted cardio before work in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by holtt View Post
    Yep loss of strength for sure, the odd shaky gym session too where body didnt want to lift :/ will you be resistance training on an empty stomach? Using any thermogens?

I have my main meal at lunch, nuts at 2.30, then a small banana + shake before the gym at 4:30 (plus jack3d on back day), so I should have plenty of carbs, fats and protein in me to fuel my workout, I always do cardio after weights

I got some thermopure from myprotein, I'm going to take 2 before lunch and 2 before my workout.
    -

I got some thermopure from myprotein, I'm going to take 2 before lunch and 2 before my workout.
    Prepare to sweat like an animal!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast