Closed Thread
Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    VXR's oldest 20yr old RobDobbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vxr-bandit View Post
    Intermittent fasting or keto is an abomination of a diet,
    I wouldn't agree with that about IF, you eat almost the same as you would with 6 meals a day, but in the space of 8 hours to give your body more time to burn fat when fasting.

Keto I've not tried, but it doesn't sound fun.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Vxr_Alex View Post
    I might try this fasting thing next week after I have properly read into it, seen a couple
    Of bits where
    You miss a meal n work you way up to 24-36 hour fasting, so you still eat every day
    There's two types of IF, one where you have an eating window of 8 hours, one where you don't eat for 24 hours.

IMO I'd only use the 8 hour window one, 24 hours not eating is a bit extreme, but do your research first and find what's best for you.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by RobDobbie View Post
    I wouldn't agree with that about IF, you eat almost the same as you would with 6 meals a day, but in the space of 8 hours to give your body more time to burn fat when fasting.

Keto I've not tried, but it doesn't sound fun.
    I'm with you on that.
    With a 16/8 split its not bad at all.
    Much more energy during the day as your body's not using all its energy to break down and digest the 3 meals you've had before lunch.
    As you body has more time to concentrate on repair and growth rather than digestion.

BCAAS just after you wake up keeps your body in a positive nitrogen balance and stops muscle break down.

Spoke to soon, now I've crashed and burned vxr-bandit's Avatar

It's got no benefit over eating a clean diet, have a calorie deficit if stripping, it's all really simple

Managing to eat KFC is not a great diet, it's just a means of getting calories into your body, but its all the wrong kind, it's deep fried for Christ sake, swimming in saturates and have you seen the reared chickens they use? Be lucky to have any protein in there

IF can put your body into a catabolic state if your not careful, where's the point in that?

Want to bulk? Eat as clean as you can, get the right carbs in you, work out a good macros split then shovel as much as you can in there, when you can no longer eat, eat some more

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-boy-16 View Post
    iv just started but instead of loosing weight trying to put it on i can eat a shed load of kfc for instance but still weigh about 10 stone my mate who goes the gym ad trains a lot told me to try this protein shake that has some form of weight gain think he said theres 1100 calories in every shake roughly thats using full fat milk and am also going gym every night bar weekends hoping to get to around 12 stone
    Check the old thread cliff reccomended a real hard gainer, anabolic muscle fuel it was possible called? Its in the last few pages, buy it from most supp shops online! Its 1000kal a shake and he swore by it...
    Got to say, I'm veryyyy impresed with this thermopure, it's the stuff from 'Grenade' that my brother had left over from summer, my lunch was 300kcals less than normal and I'm still just as full! Lots of energy as well. I'm sure it won't be as effective in 4 weeks time, but it's definitely helping so far.
    Well i use grenades pre workout 50cal and i rate it, has made me tempted to try the grenade burner when the time comes in honesty mate!
    There's two types of IF, one where you have an eating window of 8 hours, one where you don't eat for 24 hours.

IMO I'd only use the 8 hour window one, 24 hours not eating is a bit extreme, but do your research first and find what's best for you.
    Yeah its the only one id be interested in trying, not usually a fan of these odd diets but cant really see a downside...

It's got no benefit over eating a clean diet, have a calorie deficit if stripping, it's all really simple

Managing to eat KFC is not a great diet, it's just a means of getting calories into your body, but its all the wrong kind, it's deep fried for Christ sake, swimming in saturates and have you seen the reared chickens they use? Be lucky to have any protein in there

IF can put your body into a catabolic state if your not careful, where's the point in that?

Want to bulk? Eat as clean as you can, get the right carbs in you, work out a good macros split then shovel as much as you can in there, when you can no longer eat, eat some more

This is a good read if you have any spare time:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top...-debunked.html

Fair points and good advice... Eat big and clean is important for any 'bulk' dirty bulks will leave you with a nice high BF%

I can see where you're coming from, but sometimes it suits people to only eat for 8 hours due to work, etc. the idea behind it makes sense, that it allows your body more time to burn fat, but then some argue that eating 6-8 times a day will speed up your metabolism helping to burn fat.

We're all different and I suppose the only way to know is to try it out, if it works for you, great, and if it doesn't, go back to the 6 meals.
    -

I'd started getting into a good regime, and was sticking with it! Then got wasted on new year and ballsed my knee up (no idea how) and then Saturday had an accident while washing up and now my right index finger is strapped up and can't be bent. So no gym for me

Great start to the year
    VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Quote Originally Posted by holtt View Post
    Well i use grenades pre workout 50cal and i rate it, has made me tempted to try the grenade burner when the time comes in honesty mate!

Yeah its the only one id be interested in trying, not usually a fan of these odd diets but cant really see a downside...
    Well it's only my first time taking a thermo since June last year, but it's definietly helped surpress my hunger, quite pricey though I think, £30ish for a months suply?

I'll remember to post about it in a week or so time to see if it's still working, I don't think it's advised to take whilst fasting though, can't remember where I read that though..
    -

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast