+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Superb How To, used this guide to fit a Forge one the other week and it was a godsend having this to hand.
    Friendship is like pishing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth

VXRed

Is the turkey gobble the only clue to a failing valve? If I use a small amount of boost then let off the accelerator my car makes a high pitched noise. Slightly similar to a sneeze! Do they all do this? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

VXR newbie

Default Great guide for Astra 1.6T as well

Sorry to pollute the thread with mention of an Astra. But I went down several blind alleys whilst trying to figure this out. All the Astra forum posts on several forums I tried, all refer to the 2.0T, some without even specifying that this is the case. The 2.0T looks easier in that the turbo inlet pipe can stay on (if you have a stubby allen key)

Anyway. I got to the point of the socket set extension & universal joint, and my combination of tools couldn't be made to fit. Then I though about the pain of trying to put it back together, and I chickened out. I'm sending it to the garage next week

hopefully me referring to the Astra H Sri 1.6T will direct googlers to this post!

p.s. also good to see working photos. So many of these sort of posts have their photos hosted on a no longer in existence service or account.

VXR newbie

nice guide, also started using the 2.0 guide and fell short.
    now i fitted the new bov, i just want to add, that if you have acces to a lift then i found it easy'er to go trough the wheel arch. The knuckle extension is the key, dont try without it.
    by the way, you also need alot of **** and ***** to put in your swear jar.

VXRed

Hello dude I got a turbosmart valve going to fit tomorrow it says the flat part of the valve got to be facing intake of turbo is that the intake pipe that u take off

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by coreythorny View Post
    Having a bit of trouble with photobucket but will upload the last pictures into the OP when they're uploaded.

Anyway to get the photos back?! I assume since photobucket have taken everyones photos hostage itll probably have to be uploaded using a different site . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4